autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Washing microfiber

I've used both All Free & Clear and BF Microfiber cleaner. They both clean the same, which is very good. The only difference I can tell is that using the BF cleaner, the towels are more "tacky" meaning they stick to your fingers more - which is a good thing. I understand this tackiness to be from the positively charged fibers in each towel being attracted to your skin.

Also, I don't have enough towels to do separate loads. So, my white towels, blue towels, and black towels all get washed together. My white waffle weave window towels aren't bright white anymore, but they still work just as good.
    Ryan

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody with pets that shed have any problems with pet hair getting woven into the MF towel's fibers in the washing machine?
    2012 Toyota Camry SE | 2013 Toyota RAV4 Limited

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GreatAvalon View Post
    Anybody with pets that shed have any problems with pet hair getting woven into the MF towel's fibers in the washing machine?
    I've never had this issue(s) I have dogs and cats it's never come up.
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

I was with Liquid Tide.
    No issues at all so far...no softener, no dryer sheets.

Don't want to overthink it and make it over complicated, my towels have been fine without any issues for a couple of years now.

About 3 times a year I'll wash w/ DP Microfiber Cleaner / Adam's Microfiber Cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like

So as long as I use Liquid detergent with no scents or softeners I should be good?

Optimus Shine Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    I've never had this issue(s) I have dogs and cats it's never come up.
    Thanks! Going to pre-wash all my new MFs once they all come in!

Post Thanks / Like

I have two husky's that never stop shedding. But I have had no issues in the laundry.
    Do yourself a favor, run the washer empty first if your concerned. Then do the same in the dryer for a few. Clean the dryer trap real well.

I always inspect the towels for any form a foreign material first.

Next I use Pinnacle Micro Rejuvenator and ALL Free and clear. Run the wash on heavy soil with an extra rinse, NO FABRIC SOFTENER, you actually want to maintain the static charge.

When pulling them from the wash I snap each one out so it is not in a ball and again check for anything that shouldn't be there.

Dry on regular medium heat. Fold and store away from the dogs. Large zip lock bags work well if you do not have a fur free zone.

The great thing about new micro fiber is that the color is so brilliant it is really easy to see anything in there that shouldn't be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chrislorl View Post
    I have two husky's that never stop shedding. But I have had no issues in the laundry.
    Do yourself a favor, run the washer empty first if your concerned. Then do the same in the dryer for a few. Clean the dryer trap real well.

I always inspect the towels for any form a foreign material first.

Next I use Pinnacle Micro Rejuvenator and ALL Free and clear. Run the wash on heavy soil with an extra rinse, NO FABRIC SOFTENER, you actually want to maintain the static charge.

When pulling them from the wash I snap each one out so it is not in a ball and again check for anything that shouldn't be there.

Dry on regular medium heat. Fold and store away from the dogs. Large zip lock bags work well if you do not have a fur free zone.

The great thing about new micro fiber is that the color is so brilliant it is really easy to see anything in there that shouldn't be.
    Thanks for all the info and tips!

Good idea running the washer and dryer empty before hand. This is my first time with expensive MF towels and I would hate to have wasted all that money on 10 MF towels.

I have a High Efficiency Washer (front loader). What part of the soap tray should I put the Pinnacle Mirco Rejuv. in? The detergent spot?

Post Thanks / Like

Vinegar and or just Dawn works for me. No matter what the load.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the info and tips!

Good idea running the washer and dryer empty before hand. This is my first time with expensive MF towels and I would hate to have wasted all that money on 10 MF towels.
    This will also clear any sort of bleach, softener, or other wash agents you might use. MY GF loves to add these fragrance dots to the towels, takes a good hot wash to clear that stuff out.

I have a High Efficiency Washer (front loader). What part of the soap tray should I put the Pinnacle Mirco Rejuv. in? The detergent spot?
    Just pour it into the soap bin. I have the same thing, Top loader.Sometimes if really dirty or a heavy load I will put it on deepwater soak soak for 10 mins too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast