autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Boot Camp Demo Cars!

Boot Camp Demo Cars!

I always try to have a good mix of cool cars and normal transportation type cars here at our detailing boot camp classes for a great overall experience plus memories that will last a lifetime.

One of the most common comments I hear from people that attend these classes goes like this,

"I've never worked on a street rod before"

Or...

I've never worked on a classic like this before"

And there's a lot of reasons why people say these kinds of things but the point is to have fun cars to work on for the incredibly wide variety of tools you get to work with here at Autogeek.

First up is this 1986 Porsche 911 SC Cabriolet with a Turbo Wide Body Slantnose conversion and boxed rockers. How cool is this to get to work on?

This car has the normal swirls, water spots and scratches and needs to be de-contaminated. The leather interior needs to be addressed as does the convertible top.

This will also be our candidate car for Detailer's Paint Coating.

Mike Phillips

Re: Boot Camp Demo Cars!

Next up is a 2002 Tahoe daily driver with the original neglected basecoat/clearcoat finish.

I try to find neglected daily drivers that sit outside that we can use IronX on because IF there is any type of iron particle contamination in the paint then WHITE paint shows the level of contamination best and how to safely remove it.

The bigger picture we point out in the class is that if white cars are contaminated then all cars are contaminated it's just with darker colored cars it's harder for the human eye to see the iron dissolving process taking place.

We'll also be using this for,

1. Headlight Restoration
    2. Glass Polishing and Coating
    3. Engine Detailing
    4. Fenderwell, Wheels and Tires cleaning and dressing
    5. Interior Cleaning
    6. Foam Guns
    7. Nanoskin Wash Mitts
    8. Production Detailing using a one-step cleaner/wax

So this Tahoe is really going to get the works... This Tahoe also belongs to my good buddy Jay, a total Gear Head and also our resident vinyl graphics installer.

Post Thanks / Like

Very jealous I could not attend looks like some fun cars you will be working on!
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Mike Phillips

This next car is not 100% confirmed but pretty close. It's a 1958 Dodge Royal. Now this car has a modern basecoat/clearcoat finish but it's been abused with a rotary buffer and completely filled with not only holograms, but also water spots, scratrches and oxidiation.

This car will make for a very dramatic extreme makeover!

We'll learn how to use a waterless wash, Nanoskin Autoscrub pads to decontaminate and the same products that get Tommy all his first places wins you see in this thread...

Best Paint

Mike Phillips

This is a 1964 El Camino in BLACK and it has the usual swirls and scratches plus needs to be decontaminated.

This will be our training car for the Rupes Bigfoot 21 and 15 polishers as well as the Rupes compounds, polishes and pads.

Mike Phillips

This car has been offered up for the class, it's a mostly original 1965 Dodge Coronet with a 426 Hemi Engine. The paint is completely swirled out with holograms from the misuse of a rotary buffer.

I took these pictures while the sun was still low in the morning sky but I did capture some holograms on the b-pillar and this is what the entire car's finish looks like.

I'm' kind of shying away from choosing this car only because it's white in color and darker colors simply make it easier for the human eye to see the before and after results as well as the progress a person is making as they work through the project.

Post Thanks / Like

I have got to save the cash and make the time to attend one of your bootcamps!

Unless you want to come do one in Texas (hint,hint!)
    Jonathan "Jmac" McDonald

devilintedetailz.com

Post Thanks / Like

Man, would love to work on the Porsche.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by dpscoupe View Post

I have got to save the cash and make the time to attend one of your bootcamps!
    Love to have you... I compiled a pretty good list of student testimonials and pictures of people i action here... scroll down a ways till you see all the "quoted" posts followed by pictures.

Testimonies and Action Pictures

Post Thanks / Like

wow wow im a gunna be in heaven thanks magic mike finally get to meet the crew wow wow wow...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast