autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Regular Member David at LC Pads's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Country Pads vs Buff and Shine Pads

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    I've been interest in the Hydro tech line, especially the Cyan cutting pad, but have read, and seen questionable reviews of this particular series of pads.

I've also experienced that the hex logic (b&s) pads are exceptionally resilient, and robust. However, I've yet to run an LC CCS pad to failure.

The hydrotech line is very unique in that it only uses closed cell foams. The down side to closed cell foams is that they are not as durable as a standard open cell foam.

While there are a majority of people in the U.S. that prefer a open celled pad over the hydrotech pads, there are WAY TOO MANY people who actually LOVE them.

Many people in Europe love closed cell foams. The difference is more people in Europe are using them on a rotary polisher, which doesn't stress or break down the foam as easy as the tearing action of a DA polisher.

Don't get me wrong, they do work fantastic on a PC or standard DA.

-Dave

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    allen, is this you with the black t-shirt to the left in the background?
    Not sure, if that's a bottle of M21 in-hand...it is likely me

There was such a clamor to use the new Machine that I directed my attention to Bob- IMZMAN's wheels, with the intent of testing out the new Megs Sprayable Trim Dressing on the Wheel Wells. it turned out that the can Mike Stoops showed us was only Prop, so I used M40 on the wells and M21 on the faces and barrels

Below is a confirmed sighting

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    Not sure, if that's a bottle of M21 in-hand...it is likely me

There was such a clamor to use the new Machine that I directed my attention to Bob- IMZMAN's wheels, with the intent of testing out the new Megs Sprayable Trim Dressing on the Wheel Wells. it turned out that the can Mike Stoops showed us was only Prop, so I used M40 on the wells and M21 on the faces and barrels

Below is a confirmed sighting

cool, i thought you were the one with the arms crossed and black t-shirt/blue jeans. i've seen you before at tnog, i'll have to say hi next time i go there...

Post Thanks / Like

B&S flat pads all the way!!!

Post Thanks / Like

If anyone has any questions or concerns about the Buff and Shine pads, I can always be reached. My email is edunn@buffandshine.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    ^This is why I give Lake Country the edge.^ David Patterson is an active forum member and doesn't hesitate to stand by LC products whenever there is an issue - and I speak from direct experience. Who can stay that about B&S products?

David & Lake Country cannot be beat when it comes to customer service. I can't speak to B&S pads as I'm sticking with what works - LC Hybrid or HT foam pads.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by addysdaddy View Post

David & Lake Country cannot be beat when it comes to customer service. I can't speak to B&S pads as I'm sticking with what works - LC Hybrid or HT foam pads.
    old thread was bumped by pad man but considering every day people keep posting about microfiber cleaner choices and how to clean pads....or "help me pick a powerwasher", i don't care about necrothreads anymore, haha

customer service is definitely a great variable, but if the type of pad either isn't made or isn't available/stocked by their customers, then you have to look elsewhere.

that exact reason is why i switched to B&S. i simply needed something LC didn't make (stopped making) and/or nobody had in stock. being priced better that LC from my source didn't hurt.
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by builthatch View Post
    old thread was bumped by pad man but considering every day people keep posting about microfiber cleaner choices and how to clean pads....or "help me pick a powerwasher", i don't care about necrothreads anymore, haha

customer service is definitely a great variable, but if the type of pad either isn't made or isn't available/stocked by their customers, then you have to look elsewhere.

that exact reason is why i switched to B&S. i simply needed something LC didn't make (stopped making) and/or nobody had in stock. being priced better that LC from my source didn't hurt.
    The presence of LC representatives on this board offered a unique accessibility for us, that previously B&S didn't have.

Now it seems we have even more great options, and support from all of the giants in pad manufacturing, which is excellent!

I don't know how we'll this bodes for my wallet, as I've dreamt of buffing pads all week.... They are one of my favorite components of the entire detailing practice, and as of today I have no favorite anymore. I love all of them.

Post Thanks / Like

I was hired by Buff and Shine a while back, and being a professional Detailer like many on here, I use the products just like anyone. We are always open to ideas about products and take great pride in our products. I can always be reached by email with any questions.

Post Thanks / Like

Pad Man, thanks for being so receptive and open to your customers - rare is the company that truly excels at customer service these days. I wish you and B&S only the very best.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast