autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Griot's pads similar to which LC pad?

I bought the Griot's kit that came with one orange pad and one red pad. I'd like to stock up on some LC pads because they are smaller and cheaper (plus get a smaller backing plate of course). I'm going to be using Griot's products for now (came with the kit) which I assume can be used with the Hydro-Tech pads.
    Are the Griot's pads more like the LC hydro-tech or flat pads? I'd like to stay consistent on types of pads between Griot's and LC as I learn this hobby.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot's pads similar to which LC pad?

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoRed View Post
    I bought the Griot's kit that came with one orange pad and one red pad. I'd like to stock up on some LC pads because they are smaller and cheaper (plus get a smaller backing plate of course). I'm going to be using Griot's products for now (came with the kit) which I assume can be used with the Hydro-Tech pads.
    Are the Griot's pads more like the LC hydro-tech or flat pads? I'd like to stay consistent on types of pads between Griot's and LC as I learn this hobby.

Thanks
    IMO The Griots pads are very close to the LC Flat pads. FWIW I would make the change to the Hydro-Tech pads and never look back. I think the new Hydro-Tech thin pads will be awesome (But I have not used them....Yet!) Lake Country Hydro-Tech 5 1/2 x 7/8 Inch Foam Pads , hydrotech foam pads for water-based polishes, lake country foam pads, buffing pads
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Post Thanks / Like

:dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Will they be coming out with these in 6 1/2" size?
    I don't know, are you thinking for the Flex? There might be a strength issue being so thin and with the power of the Flex? I guess we will find out soon enough.
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Post Thanks / Like

if i'm not mistaken, the griots orange foam is similar to the lake country tangerine pad...