autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

LC Force Hybrid Wool Cutting Pad...how do you guys clean it after a detail?

I used this LC Wool pad for the first time today on a trashed Honda CR-V - black no less. Worked great paired with the Flex 3401 and FG 400.

https://www.autogeek.net/lc-hyb-150bw.html

Question is - how do I clean this pad or any wool pad for that matter? BTW, I used a spur to clean the pad(s).

Thanks,
    David

Post Thanks / Like

Re: LC Force Hybrid Wool Cutting Pad...how do you guys clean it after a detail?

I clean them the same as my foam pads. When I'm done using one I drop it in a bucket of wash. At the end of the job I use wolfgang pad cleaner on all of my dirty pads and then rinse thoroughly. I spin them all dry on my rotary and then let them air dry.

When I go to use a clean pad for the first time on a new job I spin and brush any dried residue out. Depending on what I used last with it I might get a lot of dust fly out or very little, regardless of how well I thought I cleaned it out last time.

I also spur them when using wool pads.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: LC Force Hybrid Wool Cutting Pad...how do you guys clean it after a detail?

Great question, since they are made with lambswool and foam I personally don't recommend using any hot water on foamed wool pads.

-I uses 1z blitz APC @ 30:1 and spray the face of the pad
    -Then I rub the pad against a washboard creating a sudsy lather (you could also just use your thumbs)
    -I then use a garden hose on the fan setting (cold water) to rinse out all of the APC
    -Lastly, I wring the pad out and use compressed to blow out as much water as possible and fluff the fibers back up prior to laying face down on a rack to dry. I would think the tornador gun would also be effective at fluffing the fibers back up?

This is the best blow gun I've found for blowing out foam and microfiber pads. It's a more concentrated stream and the trigger makes it easy to control the air pressure. When you compare it's performance to any of the cheap blow guns you can buy at home depot or walmart you'll wonder why you didn't buy one sooner!

LC Force Hybrid Wool Cutting Pad...how do you guys clean it after a detail?-61zjvirrv5l-_sl1500_-jpg

This is the type of air tool I use for wool pads, lambswool, and foamed wool. When blowing compound and paint residue out of wool pads you do not want a blow gun that has a tight stream like the one above. I prefer a blow gun that provides a wider cone for foam/hybrid wool pads because this stream pattern is better at fluffing the fibers vs matting them down.

LC Force Hybrid Wool Cutting Pad...how do you guys clean it after a detail?-61j-ej89pzl-_sl1200_-jpg

4. Thanks seanktm thanked for this post