autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boss MF pad issue

Did we ever hear back on this?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Good question. Has anybody heard more about this design flaw?

Post Thanks / Like

Was kinda wondering too. I have been a very faithful user if the BOSS microfiber cutting pads if you check all my write ups I have used them a ton. And they have all torn up on the edges. Even on flat panels. I think they need more cushion like a Rupes foam pad. The busier I become the more of these pads I tear up. I haven't really given it much thought but this season I have had to junk a bunch of them from delamination over time.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

not surprised Jeff did not respond yet...

Post Thanks / Like

I dug out my Boss MF pads over the weekend for a session on my BMW. Both were completely destroyed (one had the foam pad rip entirely off the velcro, flying off to some unknown spot in the garage).

So, two pads completely worthless after two cars. Not exactly a good investment. And I have to say I wasn't terribly impressed with the results, anyway. I like the Boss creams, but I'm switching back to LC wool pads for hard paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brettS4 View Post
    I dug out my Boss MF pads over the weekend for a session on my BMW. Both were completely destroyed (one had the foam pad rip entirely off the velcro, flying off to some unknown spot in the garage).

So, two pads completely worthless after two cars. Not exactly a good investment. And I have to say I wasn't terribly impressed with the results, anyway. I like the Boss creams, but I'm switching back to LC wool pads for hard paint.
    Interesting. I've been using the Boss MF pads on my GG6 on a few cars now with no issue. However, I have ordered some LC wool pads to use on my MB E350 Genuine Black paint because the Boss MF pads seem to be taking a lot of section passes to get good correction.

Post Thanks / Like

Greetings,
    At Griot’s Garage® we strive for perfection in everything we do. Your satisfaction is paramount, as we want you as a customer for life.

We’ve heard your feedback regarding the BOSS™ Microfiber Pads. We’ve explored unique foams from Germany and the United States, and after much research and development have made a significant improvement.

We’ve identified a unique open-celled (reticulated) foam from Germany. This foam delivers multiple performance improvements, including:
    Significantly improved durability- the foam features a higher tear resistance delivering class-leading life
    Improved rebound- this is the foam’s ability to resist compression. This in turn improves panel contouring and increases pad rotation. Hence they’ll run smoother and offer increased paint correcting ability.

Improved BOSS™ Microfiber Pads should be in stock now. If you feel we've let you down, we'll make it right. Please contact Griot’s Garage Customer service at 800-345-5789 or customerservice@griotsgarage.com.

We ask that you be prepared with:
    • Proof of purchase
    • Photographic evidence
    • Brief explanation of your experience
    • Name, Address, Phone

As with all buffing pads, they have a life span under normal use and eventually wear out. Please consider that while deciding to obtain reimbursement.

Again, we want you as a customer for life. Thank you for using Griot’s Garage.
    Jeff from Griot's Garage- Product Developer
    Car Care for the Perfectionist

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    Greetings,
    At Griot’s Garage® we strive for perfection in everything we do. Your satisfaction is paramount, as we want you as a customer for life.

We’ve heard your feedback regarding the BOSS™ Microfiber Pads. We’ve explored unique foams from Germany and the United States, and after much research and development have made a significant improvement.

We’ve identified a unique open-celled (reticulated) foam from Germany. This foam delivers multiple performance improvements, including:
    Significantly improved durability- the foam features a higher tear resistance delivering class-leading life
    Improved rebound- this is the foam’s ability to resist compression. This in turn improves panel contouring and increases pad rotation. Hence they’ll run smoother and offer increased paint correcting ability.

Improved BOSS™ Microfiber Pads should be in stock now. If you feel we've let you down, we'll make it right. Please contact Griot’s Garage Customer service at 800-345-5789 or customerservice@griotsgarage.com.

We ask that you be prepared with:
    • Proof of purchase
    • Photographic evidence
    • Brief explanation of your experience
    • Name, Address, Phone

As with all buffing pads, they have a life span under normal use and eventually wear out. Please consider that while deciding to obtain reimbursement.

Again, we want you as a customer for life. Thank you for using Griot’s Garage.
    Awesome and glad to hear! Griots CS is always top notch, thats for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

^ there you have it from the man himself, nice hearing from you jeff!

Post Thanks / Like

I believe I have received a few of these newer pads. Below is a comparison of new vs old. On speed 5 on my g21 with washer mod they haven't shown any signs of wear of tear on 2-3 vehicles. Also they do seem a bit denser as well.

IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast