autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: China Pads VS the Rest

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Lake Country and B & S are made in the USA in their own manifacturing plants, the information is out there if you look for it. AG even recently posted a tour of the LC Mfg plant and their history. Seek and ye shall find.

Who We Are

Lake Country Manufacturing is a privately owned manufacturer of buffing and polishing products sold worldwide. Our products are sold to the Industrial, Paint, Body and Equipment (PBE), Detailing and Consumer markets through multiple distribution channels. We are driven by finding profitable solutions for our customers through the development of proprietary products and customized buffing systems. Lake Country currently holds 27 U.S. and international patents, which include the System 2000™ Padwasher, System 3000™ Padwasher, Scuff Ball™, CCS Technology™ and Tufted Foam™.

Buff & Shine:

Humble beginnings and the entrepreneurial spirit best describe the start of Buff and Shine Manufacturing in 1987. From a small Torrance California warehouse, the groundwork for establishing a business identity was started by the company owner.

As with any new venture, it wasn't easy, especially in this competitive industry. Over time however, good manufacturing people were brought in and one by one buffing pads were built, tested and marketed in the local region. Eventually, the buffing pad range grew in diversity and selection, with this growth came the recognition we were making products customers appreciated for their quality and consistency. Having this reputation allowed us to grow nationwide, even worldwide.

We are constantly innovating and improving our manufacturing processes, this reflects our ability to ship promptly and deliver products that are competitively priced.

Lastly, we believe in talking to you, we make every effort to address your questions in real time and promptly.
    My experience, when you go to a company's website, and they don't tout their manufacturing facility in the USA, and they don't tout "Made in the USA" on their products, they're usually not made in the USA. Such is the case with Lake Country. They do say on their website "we also have a deep knowledge of foam formulations and their buffing properties and currently source foams from manufacturers throughout the world."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chet31 View Post
    My experience, when you go to a company's website, and they don't tout their manufacturing facility in the USA, and they don't tout "Made in the USA" on their products, they're usually not made in the USA. Such is the case with Lake Country. They do say on their website "we also have a deep knowledge of foam formulations and their buffing properties and currently source foams from manufacturers throughout the world."
    I think it indicates that on the packaging.

I've also seen pictures of both companies shipments of the raw foam blocks that were to become pads. The foam itself is sourced from around the world, but it's assembled here.

That's as far as I know. Could be wrong.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

What kind of answers did you get when you posted this same question on the Chinese inexpensive hex pad detailing discussion forum or the eBay detailing discussion forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post

I just noticed this post and can't help but ROL

I have a funny side...

Post Thanks / Like

One pad did mention German foam in the marketing description. The reference: http://www.autogeek.net/lake-country...d-pad-kit.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post
    I use cheap pads (most or all of the foam sold today is made in China, right?) for applying paste (not liquid) wax. Applying paste wax (not polish) is a simple operation with the objective to apply it thoroughly, even and thin. Paste wax seems to clog pads and I don't really like clogging my expensive pads. Am I missing something with respect to paste wax?

BTW, I can't find any information as to the country of origin of Lake Country foam (not the assembled pads). I'm assuming all or part of the raw materials are sourced from China or Southeast Asia and not made in the US.
    Back to my original question, I use cheap pads for applying paste wax. It tends to clog pads and is a little difficult to clean and ends up using more pad cleaner than what the pad is worth in the long run. I don't feel like sacrificing a $12 pad for this and cheap pads are what I use for paste wax.

Post Thanks / Like

This pretty much explains Lake Country Manufacturing in their own words:

AG Newsletter
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

I like to work with Lake Country, Buff and Shine, and Rupes pads for paint correction.

Foam & Wool Buffing Pads for Dual Action, Rotary/Circular Polishers and Cyclo Orbital Polishers.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    buy quality pads that you know that will deliver good results and not to mention you can use over and over...

Yes, that really solved a lot of problems

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by watai0102 View Post
    Yes, that really solved a lot of problems
    buy cheap pads and pay for it later, that should solve whether or not if you should buy them again. i've spent a lot of money on car care products over many years and i don't like to throw money away. quality pads are worth every penny. also, AG sells both lake country and buff and shine pads...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

If that is inexpensive and high quality,you can buy

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast