autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake county hybrid pads

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    Griots Fast Correct Cream is really good. It should cut well with the orange hybrid. Since your close, I don't mind coming out your way to show you a variety of things. When someone actually shows you how to polish, you will learn WAY faster. You could pick up Meguiars Ultimate Compound from any auto parts store. It's good stuff, too. Try that first.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    This right here is what its all about! Hats off to you WRAPT C5Z06 for reaching out & lending a hand. This is why I enjoy being on this forum.

Hands on learning is easier than trying to learn from reading, as sometimes the way people interpret things aren't always the same. Mike Phillips has a gift in being able to write things so as people can understand it. Jump at the chance to have WRAPT C5Z06 show you some things, I guarantee it'll be worth it. I agree also in regards to picking up some Meguiars Ultimate Compound, its easy to work with & it gets good results. Its an over the counter product too & good value.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

The Orange Hybrid is useless to me in the summer months as it instantly turns into a finishing pad and has almost zero cut. The Blue Hybrid then came in to save the day. I can't believe AG still keeps the outdated Hybrid pads when the rest of the world is using the far superior Force pads. Atleast other online sites stock the latest greatest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zubair View Post
    The Orange Hybrid is useless to me in the summer months as it instantly turns into a finishing pad and has almost zero cut. The Blue Hybrid then came in to save the day. I can't believe AG still keeps the outdated Hybrid pads when the rest of the world is using the far superior Force pads. Atleast other online sites stock the latest greatest.

This I agree with, the Force pads are great. But I use them mainly for finishing.
    Finishing with a giant 5" or 3" Black or red oversized pad just awesome.
    Then the smaller 2" & 1" pads are basically, HD pads can't tell the dif. Better price point though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post
    This right here is what its all about! Hats off to you WRAPT C5Z06 for reaching out & lending a hand. This is why I enjoy being on this forum.

Hands on learning is easier than trying to learn from reading, as sometimes the way people interpret things aren't always the same. Mike Phillips has a gift in being able to write things so as people can understand it. Jump at the chance to have WRAPT C5Z06 show you some things, I guarantee it'll be worth it. I agree also in regards to picking up some Meguiars Ultimate Compound, its easy to work with & it gets good results. Its an over the counter product too & good value.

Aaryn NZ.
    Thanks, Aaryn! I like to help others if I can.

'03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, in warmer temps, the orange pad really softens and the cut is reduced. If it's cold, it will cut good. I don't prefer a pad that's so heavily affected by temperature. A lot are to some degree, but the orange hybrid is very susceptible.

'03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

I had a meeting with a couple of local detailers yesterday. The host had some of those force pads. No way that grey pad is going to soften up - at least I don't believe so. That think feels like a brick!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    I had a meeting with a couple of local detailers yesterday. The host had some of those force pads. No way that grey pad is going to soften up - at least I don't believe so. That think feels like a brick!
    I tried the force grey pad with the 3401 and the pad was just way too stiff. Not a good user experience at all. Won't use it again.

'03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

When I use HD Speed it is normally with the White Hybrid on my Flex. I have used it with the orange pads but as an AIO it just isn't made for heavy cutting. Glad you have an offer for assistance. Keep up the good work on the forum guys.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't used the orange force yet. Does it retain cut after warming up?

The white is super on paint and the grey for headlights worked wonderful

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spazzz View Post
    I haven't used the orange force yet. Does it retain cut after warming up?

The white is super on paint and the grey for headlights worked wonderful
    The Orange Hybrid and Orange Force use the same foam that does not work well at all in warmer climates.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast