autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: SPTA Pads

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

SPTA Pads

So while browsing Amazon I stumbled upon SPTA pads that look similar to Chemical Guys Hex logic pads. I tried to look up SPTA with no luck. However I did find a few online retailers selling the pads and some even look like Lake Country CCS smart pads. Is this the company that manufactures the pads for the companies or just a knock off brand? They are way cheaper too so if they are the same thing may be a better way for me to stock up. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SPTA Pads

they are some of chinas best low LOW low quailty knock offs, i use them but only for certain jobs, and they are more of one time use and then toss.

Post Thanks / Like

i wouldn't skimp on pads, it can cause more problems than you already have just to save a few bucks (no customer support if you have any questions or problems) and will probably not last. buy reputable pads from brands like buff & shine, lake country, and meguiar's to name a few...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    i wouldn't skimp on pads, it can cause more problems than you already have just to save a few bucks (no customer support if you have any questions or problems) and will probably not last. buy reputable pads from brands like buff & shine, lake country, and meguiar's to name a few...
    I like the 3 inch orange ones. They are fairly dense and because I do alot of classic cars I use them on chrome so I don't get all of the black oxidation transferred onto my nice pads and much like kiirkland microfiber I find myself cleaning/washing them once then throwing away (or with the microfiber's I'll demote to tires and wheel wells)

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree 100% with the not skimping. I was more curious if they just manufactured them for Lake Country or Chemical guys. Right now I use the LC hydrotech pads and I really like them. Ordered some hex logics to try and I am ordering some smart pads too. I like to try different things to see what results I can achieve with different pad and product combos. I feel that's kinda the norm in this task. Appreciate the feedback and I will steer clear of the SPTA pads. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slovette99 View Post
    I agree 100% with the not skimping. I was more curious if they just manufactured them for Lake Country or Chemical guys. Right now I use the LC hydrotech pads and I really like them. Ordered some hex logics to try and I am ordering some smart pads too. I like to try different things to see what results I can achieve with different pad and product combos. I feel that's kinda the norm in this task. Appreciate the feedback and I will steer clear of the SPTA pads. Thanks!
    if you're looking to purchase some new pads, give these a try. they work very well with the PC-style DA's...
    Lake Country ThinPro Foam Pad System

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    they are some of chinas best low LOW low quailty knock offs, i use them but only for certain jobs, and they are more of one time use and then toss.
    I just received 20 black 6" SPTA polishing pads. I plan to use them for 360 AIO, 205 polishing and wax application. I am having a difficult time getting wax (i.e. 476s) and AIO out of my expensive pads. The only thing that half-way works is a lot of Dawn and hand-working. I haven't tried power washing them yet but I might do that this weekend. I have a bucket cut out like the YouTube videos show with a grit guard in place. All of the various high-end pad cleaner solutions I have seem to be impotent against AIO and wax. I'm tired of sacrificing $8-$10 pads on this. I got 20 of these SPTS pads for $26 and they showed up in four days shipped from China. This is my third order of SPTA pads. They clean up and perform very well for what I've used them for.

I am not a pro and just a weekend warrior. I am not seeking perfection and I am not so cost-sensitive but I also don't like sacrificing my high end pads, especially for paste wax and AIO.
    Last edited by Route246; 07-18-2017 at 03:25 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Post Thanks / Like

360 is known for pad staining. It's just dye so is not ruining the cut off the foam itself so if that's your worry then you don't have to. I've ran a few side by side test with these pads with name brand and the difference is almost night and day. They are great for certain jobs where I know I will throw the pad away after but for me that's all they are good for as they can not correct to a flawless finish on many cars I do

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    360 is known for pad staining. It's just dye so is not ruining the cut off the foam itself so if that's your worry then you don't have to. I've ran a few side by side test with these pads with name brand and the difference is almost night and day. They are great for certain jobs where I know I will throw the pad away after but for me that's all they are good for as they can not correct to a flawless finish on many cars I do

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I am not seeking flawless correction but I understand your point very well.

What about using these for paste wax application? My only intent is to get machine-applied thin layering of the wax. I rather have the machine do the work rather than my elbow in this case. The machine can also spread it much quicker using a 6" pad than I can applying by hand.

Post Thanks / Like

Wax pads are made to keep to product on the pad so it stays on the paint. These absorb, so will they still work...yes but not like a wax pad is designed to do

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk