autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just Picked Up GG6 Now need Pads.

i am planing to get my car ready for the winter before the bad weather hits us up here in Jersey. I going to use some Wolfgang Polish enhancer and then seal it with Wolfgang sealant 3.0 . Thats the plan.

Post Thanks / Like

LC Thin Pro 5.5"
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

I do not mean to thread jack, but I am in the same situation as the OP. I recently purchased a GG6 with 5in plate and hydrotech essential pad kit. I was orginally going to get the CCS pads because of the their user friendly nature, for a first time machine user. Now I am second guessing myself. I will be doing personal vehicles with very lite to moderate swirls and scratches.
    I noticed the ccs pads have a bigger selection in pads to where you can fine tune your cutting, polishing and waxing. where as the hydrotech only gives you 3. I going off the less aggrasive approach I have been reading here. Did I make a mistake going with HT vs ccs?

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered the GG6 with LC "5 packing plate and a 6 pack of LC ThinPro "5.5, they're on the way.. I did a research and looks like it's the perfect combo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobertin View Post
    I do not mean to thread jack, but I am in the same situation as the OP. I recently purchased a GG6 with 5in plate and hydrotech essential pad kit. I was orginally going to get the CCS pads because of the their user friendly nature, for a first time machine user. Now I am second guessing myself. I will be doing personal vehicles with very lite to moderate swirls and scratches.
    I noticed the ccs pads have a bigger selection in pads to where you can fine tune your cutting, polishing and waxing. where as the hydrotech only gives you 3. I going off the less aggrasive approach I have been reading here. Did I make a mistake going with HT vs ccs?
    no need to 2nd guess yourself, "the tangerine foam is made for light to moderate defect removal and polishing. it has the cutting power just below that of the lake country orange light cutting pad, and the tangerine pad leaves a finish like you'd achieve with a gray finishing pad."

Quote Originally Posted by c7stingray View Post
    I ordered the GG6 with LC "5 packing plate and a 6 pack of LC ThinPro "5.5, they're on the way.. I did a research and looks like it's the perfect combo.
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    no need to 2nd guess yourself, "the tangerine foam is made for light to moderate defect removal and polishing. it has the cutting power just below that of the lake country orange light cutting pad, and the tangerine pad leaves a finish like you'd achieve with a gray finishing pad."

OK good, I did research on pads but there is so much info and opinions, it can be a hard decision to make. I just figured the hydrotech was a good in the middle of the pack between the ccs and thin pros. I am all new to this. I have been a hand and otc product guy. Never realized there was this much to detailing. Can be overwhelming at first. Decided to step up it up and see what I can accomplish personally.

Post Thanks / Like

As VISITOR said don't second guess yourself on what pads you ordered as they are quality products. However, make sure you order enough pads--you can set yourself up for failure by trying to do each step with too few pads. See the link at post #10 to Mike Phillips post on this subject.

Post Thanks / Like

as ski2 mentioned, you can never have enough pads and variety at that because you will come across different situations where no one pad will work in every situation. you can never have enough pads and microfiber towels...
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

How many pads would you recommend having as a begginer to start out with. Is 12 LC Flats 5 1/2 pads a good number to start at ? And as i continue polishing and learning add more to my collection of pads ?

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, I read mikes post about the number of pads. I have 5 blue, 6 orange and 3 reds to start out. I will try these pads for awhile and see what it is like and switch it up if need to.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast