autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Chemical Guys Lake Country Pads

I just bought a Griot's 6" DA Polisher and picked up a Meguiar DBP5 backing plate to polish some scratches out of my car.

I am buying a lot of stuff off of Amazon to save on shipping, and I see Chemical Guys have this pad called the Lake Country Cutting Pad. (LINK REMOVED)

I see Lake Country is really popular here, but I unfortunately cannot get LC pads from Amazon w/ free shipping. Has anyone used these Chemical Guys LC pads before? Are they called LC just because of the CCS patterning?

I'm currently just ordering some Hex-logic because they seem to be decent.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chemical Guys Lake Country Pads

Just a FYI, this is Autogeek's site and it's pretty much viewed as a major breach of etiquette to be coming here and asking advice and posting links for stuff bought at other sites. Just saying.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    I just bought a Griot's 6" DA Polisher and picked up a Meguiar DBP5 backing plate to polish some scratches out of my car.

I am buying a lot of stuff off of Amazon to save on shipping, and I see Chemical Guys have this pad called the Lake Country Cutting Pad:

I see Lake Country is really popular here, but I unfortunately cannot get LC pads from Amazon w/ free shipping. Has anyone used these Chemical Guys LC pads before? Are they called LC just because of the CCS patterning?

I'm currently just ordering some Hex-logic because they seem to be decent.
    Lake country is a pad company. Chemical guys is a company that over prices other companies products by putting their name on it. If you don't want to buy from Autogeek, then search on other sites for pads. Amazon is not a good place for pads.
    Lake Country has many different pads, Flat, CCS, Hybrid, Hydrotech, and more.
    I'd make sure you're buying pads that are low-profile as well. Some companies (LC included) offer standard and low-profile pads.

I don't like Chemical Guys for a number of reasons, none of which matter to this, but I'd go with Buff and Shine pads or Lake Country flat pads. The Hex-Logics seem popular with people who just start up (watching Chemical Guys or Junkman on YouTube) but I'd rather have a pad with full contact, I don't like the Hex-Logics, and I don't see much of a difference between the limited time I had with CCS pads vs Flat pads.
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with conman1395, with the exception that I really like the hex face pads. However, I loathe the "customer service" of cg. If you like the hex logic foams, they can be found here, with the flat face by Buff and Shine.

Post Thanks / Like

take a look at the megs foam discs and as mentioned b&s flat pads. can't go wrong with either one...
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

I am picking up the Lake Country flats w/ the sale today.

Just used the M105/M205 on the Hex Pads which did work well, but I felt they absorbed a lot of polish.

If I am planning on using DG105 (maybe 601 bonding agent as well pre-mixed) with Collinite 845 as a topper, should I just picked up 3 blues and 3 whites? Or would it be better to do 2 blues and 4 whites? I would use the whites with DG105 and the blues with 845.

My car is a 2014 Honda Accord.

Post Thanks / Like

I am picking up the Lake Country flats w/ the sale today.

Just used the M105/M205 on the Hex Pads which did work well, but I felt they absorbed a lot of polish.

If I am planning on using DG105 (maybe 601 bonding agent as well pre-mixed) with Collinite 845 as a topper, should I just picked up 3 blues and 3 whites? Or would it be better to do 2 blues and 4 whites? I would use the whites with DG105 and the blues with 845.

My car is a 2014 Honda Accord.
    If it were me, I'd go Hydrotech. 4 Cyan, 4 Tangerine, and 4 Crimson.

You could do three orange for the 105, three white for the 205, and two blue, or grey for the wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    If it were me, I'd go Hydrotech. 4 Cyan, 4 Tangerine, and 4 Crimson.

You could do three orange for the 105, three white for the 205, and two blue, or grey for the wax.
    I'm hesitant with hydrotech because they seem to have poor durability whereas the flats seemed to be quite universally loved?

Is there really a need to buy orange pads since I don't plan on using 105 (new car, no major scratches other than some minor scratches) that much? 105 is quite a heavy cut so I was thinking I'd use 205 over the whole car followed by DG601+105 and Collinite 845.

I suppose I could just use the orange pads with the 205 to increase the cut?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm hesitant with hydrotech because they seem to have poor durability whereas the flats seemed to be quite universally loved?

Is there really a need to buy orange pads since I don't plan on using 105 (new car, no major scratches other than some minor scratches) that much? 105 is quite a heavy cut so I was thinking I'd use 205 over the whole car followed by DG601+105 and Collinite 845.

I suppose I could just use the orange pads with the 205 to increase the cut?
    That would be a good idea. It's worth having orange pads.
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

Post Thanks / Like

Okay. Since wax and sealant are applied in a thinner amount than say polish, is it necessary to use the same amount of pads to cover the same area? I imagine I could get away with fewer pads?

My budget just doesn't allow for buying 2 6 packs of pads right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast