autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Newbie Question

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Newbie Question

Hello All!

I have some light swirls on my 2013 Mustang. I was thinking about getting CCS smart pads (Orange, Pink, White and Grey). Is this over kill?

I also have meguiars ultimate compound and ultimate polish. Do I need something better?

Here's a picture of the paint.

Thanks for the help!

Bonus picture of the car

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Newbie Question

Wow!! Beautiful Ride!! Did you put on the Le Mans Stripe or did it come that way? Either way you car rocks!!

As for Pads, I have 95% Lake Country Pads any of them. What type of DA are you using? For the Flex 3401 use the Hybrid Pads as they are the best for it. The CCS Pads are great but look into their Flat Pads or Hydro-Techs for other DA's. If you have a Rupes use their Pads....I cannot comment as I do not use a Rupes or their system.

Orange= Correcting/White = Polishing/Red, Black or Gold = Waxing and or sealant.

IMO your Megs combo should be fine. If you are not satisfied with them look into the Menzerna FG400 and SF4000 (I like SF4500) or Megs 105/205.

Either way beautiful ride!!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    Wow!! Beautiful Ride!! Did you put on the Le Mans Stripe or did it come that way? Either way you car rocks!!

As for Pads, I have 95% Lake Country Pads any of them. What type of DA are you using? For the Flex 3401 use the Hybrid Pads as they are the best for it. The CCS Pads are great but look into their Flat Pads or Hydro-Techs for other DA's. If you have a Rupes use their Pads....I cannot comment as I do not use a Rupes or their system.

Orange= Correcting/White = Polishing/Red, Black or Gold = Waxing and or sealant.

IMO your Megs combo should be fine. If you are not satisfied with them look into the Menzerna FG400 and SF4000 (I like SF4500) or Megs 105/205.

Either way beautiful ride!!
    Thanks! Nice GT as well. I got the 5'' silver stripes from AmericanMuscle.com

I have the harbor freight DA. It was a great price and I heard it was a actually pretty decent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dfink114 View Post
    Thanks! Nice GT as well. I got the 5'' silver stripes from AmericanMuscle.com

I have the harbor freight DA. It was a great price and I heard it was a actually pretty decent.
    You need a 5" backing plate, then I would go for 5.5" flat pads probably mainly orange and white pads. I would probably just dive in and get two 6 packs because it's always nice to have a fresh pad. I would do 5 each of the previously mentioned and 2 black or blue pads.
    It's all in the details

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EVOlved View Post
    You need a 5" backing plate, then I would go for 5.5" flat pads probably mainly orange and white pads. I would probably just dive in and get two 6 packs because it's always nice to have a fresh pad. I would do 5 each of the previously mentioned and 2 black or blue pads.
    The Lake Country CCS/Hybrid or Flats will be fine. It will be up to you to choose. All will do the job as based on your pics your ride is not that bad in terms of swirls.

Orange/White/Black or Red. The Harbor Freight DA from what I hear is a decent DA.
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice ride, love the color!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Already have a 5'' backing plate.

Thanks for all the info guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dfink114 View Post
    Already have a 5'' backing plate.

Thanks for all the info guys!
    Cool good luck I'm sure you will be able to achieve great results with your current combo.

Make sure you post up some before afters as it seems you can handle a camera decently.
    It's all in the details

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool good luck I'm sure you will be able to achieve great results with your current combo.

Make sure you post up some before afters as it seems you can handle a camera decently.
    Thanks! Although, I'll probably wait on my order until the next big promo code (free shipping + % off). I can't really justify the large shipping cost. Plus, being in New Jersey, it's cold as hell here so I won't get this done for a few months anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm giving one of my oldest, best friends a Harbor Freight polisher, with one of my 5" plates, and those Meguiars chemicals.

For pads, he's getting my left over pink ccs (for the ultimate compound, green ccs (ultimate polish), black ccs (for the NXT 2.0).