autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Pads to purchase for near future

So I just placed an order for some Meg's MF xtra cut and cutting discs because I'm needing a bit more cut initially on some vehicles, to cut some time down on jobs and also because a few of my orange ccs pads that I've had for some time now seem to be losing some effectiveness.

My main question is: Will I need to invest in other foam cutting pads in the future? I still have some 5.5 and 6.5 ccs and flat pads that are still in good condition with a good amount of life left, but will they be inferior compared to MF pads? Partly why those pads which are still in decent shape is that I haven't had the need for the size, or they just didn't make it into the pad rotation for certain vehicles that didn't need much correction.

I'm just wondering because I know the main benefit of having MF discs is that as long as they're cleaned and fluffed religiously they can go a long way before needing to be washed and set aside to dry out for the next go around, but I don't know if I need to worry about buying more orange pads for cutting in the future now that I will have MF pads.

Any input is greatly appreciated and I'm excited to try out the new discs when they come in tomorrow. Also, I've read that they don't play that well with the 3401 because of the forced rotation. Is this still the consensus? Have there been instances where results were contrary than previously reported? Again, thx! l8rs

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pads to purchase for near future

I hope you like the DAMF pads. I have used them with a Megs DA and D300, great combo. The Xtra Cut are no joke, but are tough to use on tighter contours

Some paints still respond better to foam

I have not tried DAMF on my FLEX, but some have said that adding a Meguiar's Foam Interface Pad helps

Looking forward to hearing your results

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I ordered some D300 along with them to kinda get a baseline on how the system was meant to act before I add other compounds in to the mix. Can't wait! lol The thing that made me finally pull the trigger on this order was me wishing I had these pads earlier last week when I had to polish a black 2013 Maxima that looked like it had been washed weekly with a brillo pad (may be exaggerating, but it was beyond horrible). The dealer I work with just said to do as much as I could with it, so I spent a lot of time on the hood because it's the big centerpiece of the car, but did what I could with the rest of the vehicle. I wasn't that pleased with the end result because I only did a one step and I could make out the remaining swirls, but in the end it looked 10x better than before.

Used 2013 Nissan Maxima for Sale in Hattiesburg MS 39402 Auto Smart

^Pics on the dealer website after I got done with it cuz I didn't have any time to take any before/afters.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Rupes Microfiber discs. I prefer them to the yellow or orange cutting pads. I still have them though, should the need arise to use them. I have four brand new orange ccs pads that are just stored away, ready to go, and have four in performance rotation. I really like the pink ccs, and figure that if I need more cut I can use the microfiber, or the purple thin foamed wool by Lake Country. So far the pink ccs, and green hex logic have been really good to me, and have the versatility to accept both compounds and polishes.