autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3" cyan hydrotech pads disintegrating?

There's better pads to be found. I was greatly dissapointed with these considering I'm not hard on my pads either and these hardly lasted a couple cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Hydro-Tech Cyan 5 1/2 x 7/8 Inch Foam Pad, after being used on ~10-12 panels
    Reporting in!

I just can't use this pad on any customer anymore (not trustable at this point), will use it to polish my bumpers.

This is the smaller HT I had, when I first reported it's durability issues.
    Hydro-Tech Cyan 4 x 1.25 Inch Foam Pad (first at bottom on your left)

This small HT pad showed above disintegrated (literally) during a further work, that's the reason I don't put slightly worn HT pads in action anymore. Nothing happened this time, but could have caused serious damage.

They were all good while lasted, nothing less than perfect cut and finish. Paired with Uber Compound, we lived great moments together...

How well you finished that day... you looked beautiful dressed in white!

I'll miss you my friends!

----

In my opinion, they're are not a totally waste or 100% worthless ... you can't go much further than Cyan + Good compound for 1 step high level correction + high level finish.

But it looks like a disposable pad.

That means they are 'ranked' wrong (IMO) at LC line of pads. They should be cheaper, and marketed as 'disposable'. They can't cost as much as the Hybrid pad line that works alike but lasts much more.

At this price, I just can't order it anymore. However, being an user made me a believer of HT, so I always think of ordering more. When costs / benefits comes in mind, I remove them from cart...

It's sad, but true.

Hope I've helped,

Kind Regards.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Regular Member David at LC Pads's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope if you ever have an issue with a pad that you reach out by emailing us.

Shredding has always been more common among the cyan foam pad, and is technically just a characteristic of the closed cell foam which is why you don't see it in other pads that do the same. It also is used for compounding or cutting and generally takes more abuse than a crimson or even a tangerine.

While I can't change the foam, I am always concerned with pad failures and delamination. We also always welcome your suggestions and feedback.

My email is David.Patterson@LakeCountryMfg.com or you can contact us though our website - Lake Country Manufacturing - Wool And Foam Buffing & Polishing Products

I AM looking at what we can to resolve this issue in terms of increasing the bond, and I am Listening to everyone's feedback.

We are waiting on some new equipment to help with this problem. Once the equipment arrives, We will be looking for some unbiased testers to see how the new process and finished product hold up.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I Bought the 3 pads pack of hydrotech 51/2 7/8

a totally waste of money

one crimson and one orange, after two cars done they are useless

i will try the hybrids or continue with the CCS

i use it with flex 3401 with 4 3/8 BP
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=51683&dateline=136086  8845

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David@LakeCountry View Post
    I hope if you ever have an issue with a pad that you reach out by emailing us.

Shredding has always been more common among the cyan foam pad, and is technically just a characteristic of the closed cell foam which is why you don't see it in other pads that do the same. It also is used for compounding or cutting and generally takes more abuse than a crimson or even a tangerine.

While I can't change the foam, I am always concerned with pad failures and delamination. We also always welcome your suggestions and feedback.

My email is David.Patterson@LakeCountryMfg.com or you can contact us though our website - Lake Country Manufacturing - Wool And Foam Buffing & Polishing Products

I AM looking at what we can to resolve this issue in terms of increasing the bond, and I am Listening to everyone's feedback.

We are waiting on some new equipment to help with this problem. Once the equipment arrives, We will be looking for some unbiased testers to see how the new process and finished product hold up.

Thanks
    Your feedback is of the same importance for me. I mainly use LC Pads (now the Hybrid line), but also CCS, Flat, and Microfiber.

My topic above was not complaining, in contrary, I've tried to show how much I like Cyan pads... I also tried to warn about worn pads, they can be dangerous.

I tend to believe that the issue that happened to me is a lot more 'pad dependent' than 'operator (me, in case) dependent'.

I say this because none of my pads ever worn like HT Cyan, my Hybrid Orange cutting pad holds firm and just like new after many works.

I take a lot of care for my pads, they are expensive (a lot more for me, as Brazilian customer), so costs involved are an important issue.

I wish I had a box of HT Cyan pads that I could use freely. They are incredible cutting, AIO and 1-step polish pads.

Again, thanks for feedback.

PS: If you don't mind handling a package to Brazil, it'll be my honor to test and give unbiased opinion on your product.

Please, count on me.

Kind Regards.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Post Thanks / Like

David from LC was very helpful in my email conversation with him. He also pointed me to a 5 pack of 3" orange ccs pads ill be getting soon. Maybe AG can begin carrying the 3" ccs line? Hopes...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123