autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Whats pads do i use?

Quote Originally Posted by 28ONE View Post
    Just remember to start with least agressive first. You can also use white with WG FG. Definitely recommend using 5.5" pads...
    Ok thanks

If i remove moderate spider webbing with orange and SW. Should i use gray or white pad with FG? Because the gray pad has no cut and why use white pad with FG when i already removed all the swirls? CuZ the white pad cuts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_335i View Post
    Ok thanks

If i remove moderate spider webbing with orange and SW. Should i use gray or white pad with FG? Because the gray pad has no cut and why use white pad with FG when i already removed all the swirls? CuZ the white pad cuts
    Id start with white pad and FG, see how it looks. Orange n TSR if that doesn't work. White pad is a polishing pad to be used with a polish. This is the exact reason it gets so confusing with so many variations of pads. Hence, why I chose LC hydros, one pad for cut, one for polish, one for applying wax or sealant...

Post Thanks / Like

Id start with white pad and FG, see how it looks. Orange n TSR if that doesn't work. White pad is a polishing pad to be used with a polish. This is the exact reason it gets so confusing with so many variations of pads. Hence, why I chose LC hydros, one pad for cut, one for polish, one for applying wax or sealant...
    Yeh i find the hydro pads way simpler. only 3 pads for 3 products. What scared me off of the hydro pads is this.

Quote Originally Posted by jankerson View Post
    I really like the HT Cyan pads, they cut fast while finishing out very well, almost and or LSP ready most of the time.

Gotta watch the 3" Cyan's though, as an experiment to see how aggressive they really are..... I put a 3" backing plate on my G110 V2 on 6 with the 3" Cyan and using M105 I went right through to the primer in seconds...... Was on a test panel.... So yes they will cut.
    Im a total noob at detailing so i dont want to mess up. and cut through the whole clear coat by accident. They said the 3" cut through the clear coat but i would be using a 5" but im scared i also might mess up

Post Thanks / Like

Yeh i find the hydro pads way simpler. only 3 pads for 3 products. What scared me off of the hydro pads is this.

Im a total noob at detailing so i dont want to mess up. and cut through the whole clear coat by accident. They said the 3" cut through the clear coat but i would be using a 5" but im scared i also might mess up
    I really find it hard to believe you would cut through the clear unless the clear was gone already. What's great about the DA polisher is if you put to much downward pressure, it stops spinning. I understand though, there's a lot of fear taking a machine to your car, especially when you've never done it.

I started with the Porter Cable and quickly moved to the Flex3401 because of the power. As long as you prime the pads, buff doing sections passes, you'll be fine. Youtube and even here there are plenty of videos.

One more thing, if there are only light scratches as you stated, there's really no need to use a cyan pad. The WG products you have are great!

Post Thanks / Like

I really find it hard to believe you would cut through the clear unless the clear was gone already. What's great about the DA polisher is if you put to much downward pressure, it stops spinning. I understand though, there's a lot of fear taking a machine to your car, especially when you've never done it.

I started with the Porter Cable and quickly moved to the Flex3401 because of the power. As long as you prime the pads, buff doing sections passes, you'll be fine. Youtube and even here there are plenty of videos.

One more thing, if there are only light scratches as you stated, there's really no need to use a cyan pad. The WG products you have are great!
    since the scratches are spread out on the hood and not bunched up together. can i just remove the scratch marks by hand?like apply FG to white pad and use the white pad with my hand to remove it?

Post Thanks / Like

since the scratches are spread out on the hood and not bunched up together. can i just remove the scratch marks by hand?like apply FG to white pad and use the white pad with my hand to remove it?
    You can, may take longer than machine but it can be done. Which white pad?

Post Thanks / Like

You can, may take longer than machine but it can be done. Which white pad?
    lake country ccs white
    White Low Profile Polishing 5.5 inch Foam Pad - Less dense foam formula for the application of waxes, micro-fine polishes and sealants. This pad has very light cutting power so its perfect for pre-wax cleaners.

Post Thanks / Like

lake country ccs white
    White Low Profile Polishing 5.5 inch Foam Pad - Less dense foam formula for the application of waxes, micro-fine polishes and sealants. This pad has very light cutting power so its perfect for pre-wax cleaners.
    Trust me bro, you're not gonna burn through the clear with WG FG and this pad. Are you aware of how prime the pad & the process of doing section passes?

Post Thanks / Like

Trust me bro, you're not gonna burn through the clear with WG FG and this pad. Are you aware of how prime the pad & the process of doing section passes?
    What's prime the pad? I no section passes you go left to right and then up and down

Post Thanks / Like

What's prime the pad? I no section passes you go left to right and then up and down
    Here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QT1ugq98ko

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast