autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rupes Pads

Post Thanks / Like

Rupes Pads

I purchased a Rupes 15 and some Rupes pads, and I have a question for those familiar with the Rupes pads.

• How do they compare to LC pad in terms of finish and durability?
    • The Rupes green pad are much coarser than the LC orange pads I've used before. Are they similar in cut and finish?
    • What LC or B&S pads have Rupes users used with success, or is it better to stick with the Rupes pads?

Thanks for your input.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't comment on how the Rupes pads are themselves but I've used the Lake Country Hydro-Tech pads, red Hex Logic pad and orange, white and blue LC CCS pads with success on my Rupes 15.

I don't believe you NEED Rupes pads to make the machine perform well, seems to me like an excuse to buy their over priced pads. You can run any pad, within reasonable size, and have no problems I'm sure.

Also, look up the KB washer mod and do that to your Rupes, you will not regret it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes Pads

I have a Rupes 21 and have used CCS pads, megs MF pads and hydro-tech pads all with great success. I used one of the new Rupes polishers on a Thursday night detail with Mike and we used Rupes pads and polishes. It really makes life simple, pick the pad, the polish dispensing spout is the same color and away you go. Left a very nice finish. I guess its similar to another company who's pads and polishes are color matched.

Post Thanks / Like

give the rupes pads a try. I'm actually very impressed with them. specifically the green and yellow pads. They run very smoothly on the machine and are very durable and clean out very easily due to the open cell foam. The green pad is the go to pad for cutting IMO. similar to the LC orange pad in finish, but has more cut. The yellow pad I suppose would be similar to LC white, again cut and finish are excellent. I have yet seen the need for the rupes white pad as the yellow finish's perfectly on OEM paint.

Post Thanks / Like

I use only the rupes pads and polishes. Have tried all the other combo's and they work fine. We just like the system approach which for our type of work is the direction we chose to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Watching.

Post Thanks / Like

Just ordered the rupes microfiber cutting and polishing pads. Now just have to use them on a detail to try out.

Post Thanks / Like

Rupes Pads

The Rupes pads are top quality IMO. Why do you need them? The reason is, because you just spent some $$$ buying the Rupes machine. Everyone likes the Rupes because it's so smooth. Part of that smoothness comes from having the pad perfectly centered. The Rupes pads are easy to center perfectly because they have a hole in the center that perfectly matches the hole in the backing plate where it mounts to the spindle assembly. Any other pad you'll just center it "good enough".

The glue that holds the Velcro seems pretty tough as well. I'm not sure why you would use any other pad with their machines. I have a ton of other pads as well, but I like the Rupes pads on the Rupes machine. They feel stiff but finish great.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by parttimer View Post

I have a Rupes 21 and have used CCS pads, megs MF pads and hydro-tech pads all with great success. I used one of the new Rupes polishers on a Thursday night detail with Mike and we used Rupes pads and polishes.

It really makes life simple, pick the pad, the polish dispensing spout is the same color and away you go. Left a very nice finish.
    It was great having you here too...

Ready for the Mud!

And yes... it came out with a very nice finish...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post

I use only the Rupes pads and polishes. Have tried all the other combo's and they work fine. We just like the system approach which for our type of work is the direction we chose to go.

Synergistic Chemical Compatibility

That's a system approach. Where each follow up chemical is formulated to build-off and improves the results from the first step product and process and the chemicals, (compounds and polishes), are formulated and engineered to the foam formulas for the pads themselves.

I've had a number of pro detailers go through my classes this last year and after using a very wide variety of products, pads and tools they chose to go with the Rupes system just because it works and you don't have to think, at least much, to use the system.

I'm actually out in the studio right now testing out their machine sanding discs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tresca View Post
    I purchased a Rupes 15 and some Rupes pads, and I have a question for those familiar with the Rupes pads.

• How do they compare to LC pad in terms of finish and durability?
    • The Rupes green pad are much coarser than the LC orange pads I've used before. Are they similar in cut and finish?
    • What LC or B&S pads have Rupes users used with success, or is it better to stick with the Rupes pads?

Thanks for your input.
    DON'T use anything but Rupes pads. The polishers are too strong. I've had three LC pads ripped right off the velcro on my 21...while I was polishing. There's a time to be cheap and this ain't one of them.
    -----------------------------------
    http://www.birminghamautodetailing.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast