autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brand new and have a 'what pads' question

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    So the kit comes with an orange, white and blue. You will need AT LEAST 2 more orange, 2 more white, 1 more blue, then I'd do a black/gray.

That's if you're doing CCS.

If you're doing flat, do the same but add another blue, or maybe a red.

Personally I'd shoot for 3 orange, 3 white, 2 blue, 2 black 2 red. (In addition to what comes with it.)

Then there are the green CCS that I like quite a bit. That'd mean 3 orange, 3 white, 3 green, 1 blue, 2 black. It is *impossible* to have too many pads.
    When you refer to the flat pads and mention red ones... are you referring to 'crimson' ones?

The reason I ask is that I've seen the mention of them (flat red pads) a number of times throughout the forum and I've never seen 'Red' pads in the store.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drvnbysound View Post
    When you refer to the flat pads and mention red ones... are you referring to 'crimson' ones?

The reason I ask is that I've seen the mention of them (flat red pads) a number of times throughout the forum and I've never seen 'Red' pads in the store.
    Nope, red are different than crimson. The reds you'll find in both flat and CCS. The crimson are in the hydro-tech line. Although I'd say it's the same foam in both.

Red Low Profile Ultrasoft Wax/Sealant 5.5 inch Foam Pad - This soft, imported foam is ideal for applying the final coat of wax or sealant. The foam works especially well when applying liquid waxes or sealants because it is firm enough to keep the majority of the product on the paint, rather than soaking it up. The red foam has no cut or cleaning ability.
    Crimson Finishing Foam - The crimson foam is designed to apply waxes, glazes, and sealants in flawless, even coats without causing swirls. The soft foam has very light polishing ability, making it a great choice for cleaner waxes, too. Since the crimson pad is made of Hydro-Tech foam, it does not soak up liquid waxes and paint sealants like some finishing pads can. You'll be able to cover more paint with less product. The crimson pad is a great choice to apply Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0.

Post Thanks / Like

I am with the others in that the OP should stick with what the kit gives him for now.

Orange and White should cover a broad range of what he might need for now I would guess.

So I would add more Orange and White, more White though.

I am also a flat pad kinda guy.....

I like the LC White Flats and find they are a nice fit in between the Megs Yellow and Beige Pads and the LC Orange are a Nice fit Between the Megs Yellow and the LC Cyan.

Post Thanks / Like

Just another thought.

Flat pads one just can't have too many of:

1. LC Orange 5 1/2" or 6 1/2"
    2. Megs Yellow 6 1/2"
    3. LC White 5 1/2" or 6 1/2"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    Nope, red are different than crimson. The reds you'll find in both flat and CCS. The crimson are in the hydro-tech line. Although I'd say it's the same foam in both.
    I thought they were different, but looking at the 5.5" flat pads here and the 6.5" flat pads here... neither of those pages mention the red pads at all.

Since you mentioned it... I just found them in the CCS line, which explains why I hadn't seen them before - because I've never really looked at the CCS pads.

Post Thanks / Like

So from what I'm seeing since I'm new to detailing at this level, I should use the 61/2" kit pads I rec'd with my GG Random-OP? I rec'd 2-Orange, 1-Black, 1-Red, 2-White, 3-Blue all 61/2." I have a 98' Camry to practice on before I start on my 2013 Honda Accord Sport. I gather I should use these before ordering the LC Flat 51/2" in various colors? Thanx!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12