autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CCS Foam Pad from eBay: Fake, Imitation, Counterfeit?

I know of a place that sells genuine Lake Country pads of all shapes, sizes and types.

Autogeek.net - Lake Country

Post Thanks / Like

Those look legit, the holes on the larger pads differ a bit than the smaller ones.
    2017 Mercedes Benz AMG C43
    2016 Acura MDX SH-awd

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see why they would change the design just because the diameter is smaller. The stock photos on AG and their website appear to have the same CCS design with actual recess holes NOT rings.

Can someone show me a photo of their CCS 3" or 4"?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I have tested it out using M205 and works great like any other cheap foam pad out there. The foam pad turns pretty much flat, NO pocket/dent/dimples. can't imagine using more aggressive compound. I'll get a good photo tonight after I get home.

CONCLUSION: FAKE! That's not the worst part, look at my email printscreen. Not sure if that's true or not. I asked for the guy's handler but he hasn't reply for 3 days now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CCS Foam Pad from eBay: Fake, Imitation, Counterfeit?-ccs-fake-foam-pad-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't realize there was a market for counterfeiting CCS pads...kind of seems like the market for counterfeiting $1 bills....WHO WOULD DO IT??

About 90% of the members here hate the CCS pads, so again...WHO WOULD DO IT?? 90% of the members will tell you that you're better off if the dimples came out because now you have a flat pad.

An orange Hydro-Tech pad costs...THE SAME as a CCS pad. They don't sell the flat 4" LC pads here, that I can find, but it looks like maybe you can get them for $1 less than the CCS elsewhere, I can't really see how anyone could make money trying to put dimples in a flat pad to sell it as a CCS pad.

Pads are consumable items, they wear out, they tear, they get dirty. As a disposable item, sometimes they aren't perfect. How many times have members had velcro come off, a pad tear, etc? So you got one with imperfect dimples...and? If you're worried about getting "fake" pads, don't buy them from eBay.

Sorry, but this thread is really getting on my nerves. And what does it have to do with Autogeek, anyway?

Post Thanks / Like

Those look real to me. The pads will flatten out over time from use. Maybe they were already used and not brand new.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

^^I don't think you understand what I'm presenting here. There's a big market for car detailing and every dollar that the eBay guy cheat you out, he/she is screwing his/her competitor.

The thread is not important overall but it's the principal for the consumer and retailer. If it was very important I would've returned it but that would waste my time for the total $6 spent. This thread is not meant for me or anybody to be petty of $5-6 worth of product, but's to make awareness. Therefore, I'm not sure why it would get on anybody's nerve -- it could be that I only have a few post count, which is a typical credential stigma of online forum.

As far as Autogeek's involvement, I didn't conclude anything. I actually received that email a day PRIOR to the post of this thread. Whether my conclusion is correct or not, i'm just sharing my view.
    Last edited by Trey T; 09-26-2012 at 10:55 AM.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The poor low-light photo makes it look the same but one is a thin ring the other is a full depressed dimple. Anyways, let's move on!
    Quote Originally Posted by SRTSean View Post
    Those look real to me. The pads will flatten out over time from use. Maybe they were already used and not brand new.
    Last edited by Trey T; 09-26-2012 at 10:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trey T View Post
    Well I have tested it out using M205 and works great like any other cheap foam pad out there. The foam pad turns pretty much flat, NO pocket/dent/dimples. can't imagine using more aggressive compound. I'll get a good photo tonight after I get home.

CONCLUSION: FAKE! That's not the worst part, look at my email printscreen. Not sure if that's true or not. I asked for the guy's handler but he hasn't reply for 3 days now.
    You say the pads work "great"; then conclude they are "fake" ???
    Am I reading something wrong ???

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread is going no where. Shutting it down.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12