autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Departure Lake Country Hydrotech

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    Buff and Shine was always my go to. I do still use them with the Porter Cable quite a bit.

Just "guessing" here but don't be surprised if Lake Country eliminates the relatively revamped flat, and CCS lines of "cut back" pads down the line.
    With the trend towards tapered and rounded edge pads I would say that is a pretty safe prediction

Maybe it is time to buy a few of the 6 pack deals of the flat pads in my favorite colors and sizes

I bought a couple of the CCS 6 packs back when all I had was a single PC and I honestly never could see anything special or different about them

The regular flat pads from both B&S and Lake Country are still great for stuff like RVs and other vehicles with tons of flat real estate where you just need to cover ground

2. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    See this,

Lake Country HDO Foam vs Hydro-Tech Foam

It’s all about tensile strength or lack there of.

Mike, is 3D going to start offering the pads you've been using in the new videos?

I'm loving the new content by the way. I'm pretty much moved over to 3D for all my polishing / cleaner waxing needs. They've become almost indispensable.

4. Likes chilly, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Same! I think I got the last of them. The 1.25" tall version?
    I ended up purchasing 24 cyan and 24 tangerine that are 5.5"x7/8" and 10 of each that are 3"×1.25".

The 5.5"x7/8" were on sale for 3/12.99 and before purchasing I was curious about pros and cons of closed cell vs open cell, that is when I came across Mike's post about closed cell having less tensile strength which leads to less durability overall. So I thought to myself "If I just get a whole bunch of em' I can just cycle through all of them and durability wouldn't be much of a concern." Pretty sure I got 25% off on top of that so it was a no brainer for me.

I'm just a weekend warrior so having this many pads should be more than enough to get me by. I've used them a few times in conjunction with TW "One and Done" and have been pleased with the results. In the pictures below the roof was done with cyan pads and the hood is where I used tangerine.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

6. Likes chilly, dgage, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    I ended up purchasing 24 cyan and 24 tangerine that are 5.5"x7/8" and 10 of each that are 3"×1.25".

The 5.5"x7/8" were on sale for 3/12.99 and before purchasing I was curious about pros and cons of closed cell vs open cell, that is when I came across Mike's post about closed cell having tensile strength which leads to less durability overall. So I thought to myself "If I just get a whole bunch of em' I can just cycle through all of them and durability wouldn't be much of a concern." Pretty sure I got 25% off on top of that so it was a no brainer for me.

I'm just a weekend warrior so having this many pads should be more than enough to get me by. I''ve used them a few times in conjunction with TW "One and Done" and have been pleased with the results. In the pictures below the roof was done with cyan pads and the hood is where I used tangerine.

Gorgeous results

Nice score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Thanks SNP209 thanked for this post
    Likes SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The 5.5"x7/8" were on sale for 3/12.99 and before purchasing I was curious about pros and cons of closed cell vs open cell, that is when I came across Mike's post about closed cell having less tensile strength which leads to less durability overall. So I thought to myself "If I just get a whole bunch of em' I can just cycle through all of them and durability wouldn't be much of a concern." Pretty sure I got 25% off on top of that so it was a no brainer for me.

I'm just a weekend warrior so having this many pads should be more than enough to get me by. I''ve used them a few times in conjunction with TW "One and Done" and have been pleased with the results. In the pictures below the roof was done with cyan pads and the hood is where I used tangerine.

Woah!

You ended up with way more than I did!

I may stock up like that though. I love the way these pads finish out.

10. Likes SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Woah!

You ended up with way more than I did!

I may stock up like that though. I love the way these pads finish out.
    Yeah I was surprised by how well the cyan finished out since it is supposed to be the heavier cutting pad. I actually used them yesterday to remove some scratches on my brother's gf's car caused by her son dragging a stick across it. I don't have any pics to share, but the cyan pads teamed up with TW One and Done (I really dig this stuff), took out the scratches in 3 passes.

12. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Departure Lake Country Hydrotech

They are still available on the sister site Autopia. 50% off. All different sizes in the cyber deals section.

Lake Country Hydro-Tech 5.5 x 7/8 Inch Foam Pads 3 Pack - You Pick!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

14. Likes dlc95, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I was surprised by how well the cyan finished out since it is supposed to be the heavier cutting pad. I actually used them yesterday to remove some scratches on my brother's gf's car caused by her son dragging a stick across it. I don't have any pics to share, but the cyan pads teamed up with TW One and Done (I really dig this stuff), took out the scratches in 3 passes.
    I've only really paired them with Menzerna polishes. I'll have to try my 3D stuff with them.

16. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ochnob View Post
    They are still available on the sister site Autopia. 50% off. All different sizes in the cyber deals section.

Lake Country Hydro-Tech 5.5 x 7/8 Inch Foam Pads 3 Pack - You Pick!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    Thank you!

18. Thanks dgage thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you!
    Unrelated...Simon has Protocol V out....not a bad track on the whole album.....

20. Thanks dlc95 thanked for this post
    Likes dlc95 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast