autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots BOSS Pads - Orange vs. Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Your going to spend 25 plus hours to get 3 mths of crappy protection. I cringe thinking about.

If you want to use an AIO use carpro essence and followed that up with IGL primer. Speed and colly would not hold a candle to that combo. Both products are very easy to use to.

Colly 845 is outdated.
    I'm not opposed to some sort of ceramic coating. I've been out of the detail scene for years, but I remember they used to be a real pain to apply. I know the newer stuff is a lot easier, I guess I am just a little overwhelmed by it all. Everyone has their own opinion. CarPro Essence isn't really a polish for paint correction?

If I could use a polish I already have (which would save me some money) and then order something like CanCoat or IGL Primer, I would consider that. They are considerably more expensive and keep in mind I do need enough product to coat an entire airplane, which is probably at least twice the surface area of an SUV. That gets expensive very quickly.

I actually have some McKee's Paint Coating I bought a few years back, but there is no way that tiny bottle is covering an entire airplane.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

IGL is a water based spray sealant, its easy to use. There are many others. Its a lot faster to use then colly 845. I think sonax pns is better then 845. Doesn't get more easy then sonax PNS, good stuff, i still have a tiny bit left lol

Spend more time polishing then applying a layer of tricky to use colly for no gain unless its money.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    IGL is a water based spray sealant, its easy to use. There are many others. Its a lot faster to use then colly 845. I think sonax pns is better then 845. Doesn't get more easy then sonax PNS, good stuff, i still have a tiny bit left lol

Spend more time polishing then applying a layer of tricky to use colly for no gain unless its money.
    Could I polish with something like Megs M205 and then top it off with that spray sealant?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CC268 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I have some white and orange BOSS pads and was planning to order some more of both. I suppose I could order some yellow pads as well. The problem is I need a lot of pads (this will be for an airplane) and I’m trying to cut cost and steps where I can. I would like to have at least 10+ pads.

Maybe I ought to go with orange and yellow pads instead of white. Tough to say until I lay eyes on the paint.
    I have boss yellow and orange for my g15. Yellow finished down find and orange cut through the deep stuff on my shadow black ford paint.

Unless you need major correction I think orangecand yellow way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Will the plane be outside or housed in a hanger?

That will help narrow down options.

Tom
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Could I polish with something like Megs M205 and then top it off with that spray sealant?
    Of course.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes.. you could but I still think products that are sun friendly would be ideal. I assuming you will be outdoor unless you are working in the hanger.

3D Speed top with 303 Graphene coating will brighten the paint tremendously and gives you pretty good durability (up to 12 months) plus.... fairly easy application.

303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TMQ View Post
    Will the plane be outside or housed in a hanger?

That will help narrow down options.

Tom
    Absolutely hangared!

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

But i just don't understand how your going to put a lot of work in polishing a plane of all things and you want to cheap out on polishes and protection?

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
    Yes.. you could but I still think products that are sun friendly would be ideal. I assuming you will be outdoor unless you are working in the hanger.

3D Speed top with 303 Graphene coating will brighten the paint tremendously and gives you pretty good durability (up to 12 months) plus.... fairly easy application.

303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating
    ....303 graphene has no track record.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast