autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there a pad for buffing dry(without product) after a spray-on/wipe-off wax?

Brace yourselves, gentlemen. After doing much research on this site, I realize my question may offend some of you and possibly drive others into fits of laughter, but is there some sort of pad that is gentle enough to add a little more shine and/or remove any little residue that might remain after a simple spray-on/wipe off wax application? Or maybe I should say to use as the "wipe-off" action.

Thank you in advance,
    porkchopexpress
    Last edited by porkchopexpress; 02-07-2020 at 03:46 PM. Reason: idiocy

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is there a pad for buffing dry(without product) after a spray-on/wipe-off wax?

Quote Originally Posted by porkchopexpress View Post
    Brace yourselves, gentlemen. After doing much research on this site, I realize my question may offend some of you and possibly drive others into fits of laughter, but is there some sort of pad that is gentle enough to add a little more shine and/or remove any little residue that might remain after a simple spray-on/wipe off wax application?

Thank you in advance,
    porkchopexpress
    Are you speaking of a buffing pad that you can put on your DA? If it is, yes there are reversible mf bonnets that fit over a compound pad.

IMO you can't do better than using a good quality mf towel for a final wipe.

3. Thanks porkchopexpress thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is there a pad for buffing dry(without product) after a spray-on/wipe-off wax?

Its a waste of money and time. Just use a quality MF towel, that is what Spray wax was designed for.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

5. Thanks porkchopexpress thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say try a MF towel that has a thicker, denser weave and a deeper pile to get that final buff/shine.

These should do the trick. One side has a shorter nap, use that for initial removal; then use the other side which has a longer nap to do your final buff.

Cobra Super Plush Junior Microfiber Towel, 16 x 16 inches

7. Thanks porkchopexpress thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For a short throw DA (Porter Cable, GG6, etc.) you can put a soft pad on and select a low speed (1-2). Then place a thick MF towel on the surface and place the polisher over it, and have the polisher move the towel - it really just jiggles the towel.

9. Thanks porkchopexpress thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Rsurfer, I am speaking of a buffer pad to put on a DA. I'll try out a MF bonnet. Thanks!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your replies to my post!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by porkchopexpress View Post
    Brace yourselves, gentlemen. After doing much research on this site, I realize my question may offend some of you and possibly drive others into fits of laughter, but is there some sort of pad that is gentle enough to add a little more shine and/or remove any little residue that might remain after a simple spray-on/wipe off wax application? Or maybe I should say to use as the "wipe-off" action.

Thank you in advance,
    porkchopexpress
    Is there a pad for buffing dry(without product) after a spray-on/wipe-off wax?-screenshot_20201203-101022_amazon-shopping-jpg