autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
 

» Detailing Classes

New Dates Available for the Autogeek Roadshow!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 39 of 39
  1. #31
    Senior Member PaulMys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    L.I. NY
    Posts
    7,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Center cooling hole in foam pads

    Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Swap out your pads more often (5-6) per color.
    ^^^ This ^^^

    I use up to 20 pads on my Ram.



    *Keeps them from overheating.

    *Keeps them from getting gummed up, and a clean pad performs much better.

    *Makes them way easier to clean.

    *Extends pad life.

    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

  2. Likes Rsurfer liked this post
  3. #32
    Member Icarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Ontario, Canada eh!
    Posts
    89
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Center cooling hole in foam pads

    I've got 4 of each, and use a brush and cloth to make sure they don't get saturated now. I couldn't afford 20 of each pad lol... I was taking my time and rotating them every couple panels or after the hood or back end. I was checking for heat with my hand every once in while but they still got hot.

    I think taking them right off once in a while and checking for heat is better then checking from the side that's not making the heat (backing plate.) Think an extra washer on the backing plate would help any?
    Ϣr

  4. #33
    Senior Member PaulMys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    L.I. NY
    Posts
    7,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Center cooling hole in foam pads

    Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    I've got 4 of each, and use a brush and cloth to make sure they don't get saturated now. I couldn't afford 20 of each pad lol... I was taking my time and rotating them every couple panels or after the hood or back end. I was checking for heat with my hand every once in while but they still got hot.

    I think taking them right off once in a while and checking for heat is better then checking from the side that's not making the heat (backing plate.) Think an extra washer on the backing plate would help any?
    Keep an eye out for sales, then stock up when they hit.

    Are you using a vented backing plate?

    **EDIT**. I just read your previous posts.

    If you are having problems with the centers heating up, I would use more pads, try out the BOSS pads (with the center hole), or maybe refine your techniques/pad & product combos.

    I have worked some pads pretty hard in certain situations, and I have never had them be so hot that I was worried about them.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

  5. #34
    Member Icarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Ontario, Canada eh!
    Posts
    89
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Center cooling hole in foam pads

    I'm using the G9 backing plate which is the same as the BOSS one (other then the new fanned one.) I'm sure its mostly my technique still (bit to much product, getting a bit ahead of myself, etc.) I still want to put a hole in a couple and see how much of a difference it makes, but the temps are going down fast here
    Ϣr

  6. #35
    Senior Member PaulMys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    L.I. NY
    Posts
    7,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Center cooling hole in foam pads

    Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    I'm using the G9 backing plate which is the same as the BOSS one. I'm sure its mostly my technique still (bit to much product, getting a bit ahead of myself, etc.) I still want to put a hole in a couple and see how much of a difference it makes, but the temps are going down fast here
    More time to save up over the winter for some BOSS pads.........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

  7. Likes Icarus liked this post
  8. #36
    Member Icarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Ontario, Canada eh!
    Posts
    89
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Center cooling hole in foam pads

    Yes, I think I might save up for a 5" G9 backing plate and save this 6" stuff for the larger flatter vehicles. I want to try out some Sonax compounds and polishes too, but this stuff is so pricey here
    Ϣr

  9. #37
    Senior Member psnt1ol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    529
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Center cooling hole in foam pads

    The Black Friday sale and 12 days of Christmas Sale on Autogeek generally are pretty sweet. I will be using up all my Autogeek points that I have been saving in 2020 this holiday season.

  10. #38
    Member Icarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Ontario, Canada eh!
    Posts
    89
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Center cooling hole in foam pads

    Quote Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
    The Black Friday sale and 12 days of Christmas Sale on Autogeek generally are pretty sweet. I will be using up all my Autogeek points that I have been saving in 2020 this holiday season.
    Shipping rates to Canada start at $41.99 USD and go up from there. We also have to pay exchange rate and import tariffs... It sucks to ship across the border now... I'll have to look for sales up here and IF stuff is in stock
    Ϣr

  11. #39
    Senior Member PaulMys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    L.I. NY
    Posts
    7,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Center cooling hole in foam pads

    Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    Shipping rates to Canada start at $41.99 USD and go up from there. We also have to pay exchange rate and import tariffs... It sucks to ship across the border now... I'll have to look for sales up here and IF stuff is in stock
    Too bad the northern border isn't quite as porous as the southern border. You might be able to pay a young entrepreneur to deliver your pads at a cheaper rate.

    Did I just say that out loud?
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Threads

  1. Cutting center cooling chamber in Megs Microfiber pads.
    By mwoywod in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-13-2020, 10:15 PM
  2. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 03-11-2019, 07:52 AM
  3. B&S Microfiber Pad without hole in center?
    By FinishingTouchA in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-15-2015, 11:41 PM
  4. Pads? Hybrid vs Foam vs Hex logic foam vs Microfiber???
    By Socalsteve in forum Ask Mike Phillips your detailing questions!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-25-2014, 11:43 AM
  5. Cooling your garage
    By pokey in forum Auto and Garage Accessories
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-30-2010, 10:14 AM

Members who have read this thread: 47

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» December 2020

S M T W T F S
2930 1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31 12