autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Buff & Shine Euro foam vs regular Lake Country flat pads?

Buff & Shine Euro foam vs regular Lake Country flat pads?

They seem to cost the same up here, so what are the advantages of one over the other?

I was thinking of either getting 5 white/5 orange/1 yellow B&S Euro pads, or 5 white/5 orange/1 yellow LC flat ones, or maybe the LC SDO's? (hopefully I won't need to use the yellows.)
    I'd also get 1 LC red CCS or 1 B&S white Uro-Tec for finishing wax coat.

Any insight into these pads would be great, just getting into this again. Have a Griots Garage G9 polisher on the way, and Meguiars Ultimate line to try these on

Yes, I'm sure I'm showing how much of a newb I am lol...
    Thanks
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Buff & Shine Euro foam vs regular Lake Country flat pads?

I dont think there is much difference with them really. Im sure you will get great results with either. Why not go with the Griots pads?

Are you detailing just your own cars? Cause I wouldnt go crazy with all the different colors of pads. 1 yellow isnt enough if you are cutting any car, the cutting step will take off more clear and clog up the pad quicker. If you are gonna 2 step a car get 4 yellow and 2-3 white. If you are 1stepping cars more then go with 4-6 Orange they will finish down well enough. As for the wax pads personally I used one once and think using the DA for wax application is overkill so I havent done it since. You can try it for yourself its only 1 pad so.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, just my own cars for now, maybe some of my families etc if they turn out good

Griot pads are super pricey up here from what I've seen. LC and B&S seem to be the best priced+quality here.

I'm hoping I wont need the heavy cut of the yellow, so that is why I thought only 1, but your right that does seem too few, so will adjust this as I haven't ordered them yet. I was going to skip the wax pad, but thought I'd try it out as I've never machine applied wax.
    I'll be 2 (3?) stepping them, with the Meguiars Ultimate compound/polish/wax (as I already have lots of this stuff,) for now.

Thanks for the help
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone else here think the yellows are to aggressive for using Meguiars Ultimate compound? I hate deciding what to get lol, still can't decide between the Euro and regular flats too :/
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like

Any insight into the yellow vs orange pads, I ordered both?

I ended up ordering some of the B&S Euro pads. Hopefully they work out well...
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like

I bought some B&S yellow, orange and white Euro foam pads, and my G9 and a bunch of other stuff showed up too!!
    Now to find a day warm enough to mess with this stuff! I hope I'm not screwed till the spring now :/

Buff & Shine website is a bit of a mess. They have multiple part numbers that are the same but show different sizes/specs, missing some types like some 6" Euro foams, and that's just looking for a little bit. It doesn't inspire me to want to buy more from them (I emailed them for some clarification on numbers/pad types, and their response was "your preaching to the choir" and "it will be fixed in the first quarter of 2020" but that doesn't really help me any now!) lol...
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone familiar with the B&S EURO foam pads at all (not the uro-tec)?! Though they don't seem to much different then the orange EURO foam ones I got as well...

I'm still trying to decide if the yellow Euro foam pads will be to harsh with Meguairs UC?

There are some bad marks on my 2014 Chrysler 300C from the previous owner (looks like it was only washed in a brush wash car wash its whole life )
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like

I love the euro tech pads they are basically the same as Rupes. They are made for long throw polishers though so thats the only way I've used them.

I also love the lake country hybrid force pads but again they are made for forced rotation polishers.

I would probably get the lake country pads you are talking about with the new griots machine but I don't know. I'm just going by recommended use. I don't have a regular da anymore. They are both great pads though. prob cant go wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

These B&S Euro pads (not the uro-tec) seem to be working well so far. Though I should have gotten farther spread of cut then I did. If I didn't have so much of this Meguiars Ultimate compound and polish as well, I would definitely have tried something else too in addition to them. Gotta learn some how though and everyone here have been so helpful. Thanks all
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like

Icarus, I wouldnt worry too much about the pads and products you DONT have, what you have is fine and will work, you just may need to clean and dry pads to finish your car.

I know all the products and tools and pad/abrasive combos can be overwhelming but truth be told for 90% of the people that do this detail thing, just about anything will work to get the job done. So just remember to enjoy the detailing process and your ride and not focus too much on products and stuff because it can ruin the experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast