autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Chemical guys Vline polishes. With other pads ?

Alright folks. I have a lot of chemical guys stuff that will probably last me a while and I might as well use it up. V34 v36 and v38. Can I use these with other pads ?

Their stuff is so specific on use (at least according to them) that it confuses me on what else I can use them with. I have orange, black and white. Orange being a “heavy” cutting.

The pads caved in in the middle and I wasn’t too impressed.

Also, could I use other backing plates on a Torq 10FX should I get mine working or replaced ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chemical guys Vline polishes. With other pads ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleanfreak623 View Post
    Alright folks. I have a lot of chemical guys stuff that will probably last me a while and I might as well use it up. V34 v36 and v38. Can I use these with other pads ?

Their stuff is so specific on use (at least according to them) that it confuses me on what else I can use them with. I have orange, black and white. Orange being a “heavy” cutting.

The pads caved in in the middle and I wasn’t too impressed.

Also, could I use other backing plates on a Torq 10FX should I get mine working or replaced ?
    Sure you can. Not a fan of their or what they sell as their pads. Lake Country or Buff and Shine are two top of the line makers. I'll let someone else chime in about the Torq. Not used it.

Do yourself a favor if you can and get a Griots Garage GG6... good machine. Lifetime warranty. Get a 5inch plate with that and polish away...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Autogeekonline mobile app

3. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goonie75 View Post

Do yourself a favor if you can and get a Griots Garage GG6... good machine. Lifetime warranty. Get a 5inch plate with that and polish away...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    ^^This^^

And let's not gloss over the fact that Griot's has COLOR coded all of their pads to their products. It could not be easier for a newbie nowadays.

Are the Griot's line of products the "Best in the World"? Will they outperform any other manufacturer in certain situations? Is their color coding law? Of course not.

In my opinion, no ONE company has everything cornered.

But, if I were new to detailing today.............

It would be SO much easier to start with Griot's.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

5. Likes Goonie75 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys Chemical guys Vline polishes. With other pads ?. This forum is awesome! I feel like such a newb when it comes to polishing. I can the hell out of a car and my specialty is interiors. But if I can get comfortable with polishing I’ll feel complete as a hobbyist detailer lol

7. Likes Goonie75 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Chemical Guys is a great advertising company, they know how to market and do it very well....but it's almost all garbage. I spent a year sipping on the CG juice, and spending way to much money and not getting the results I was after. Once I completely gave up on them and moved to actual quality products, Menzerna, CarPro, Griots Garage, I finally started getting what I was after.

You probably don't want to hear that, and if you're like me you bought WAY to much of their product. I ended up just giving away all of their crap to a young kid who wanted to start messing with detailing.

9. Likes hopelessfish liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Cleanfreak623 View Post

Yes, of course. The pad is usually the least important factor as long as you,

Use the right pad for the job. This means if compounding to remove swirls and scratches you should be using a foam cutting pad, not a foam finishing pad.

The pad is clean and not contaminated.

I would strongly recommend doing a Test Spot to a small section of paint FIRST and make sure you're seeing the kind of results you hope and dream about before buffing out an entire car.