autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

» Detailing Classes

New Dates Available for the Autogeek Roadshow!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: Lake Country Force Hybrid or Lake Country Hybrid Power Finish pads for FLEX 3401?

Is there a disadvantage with the pad having the hole? Catching a edge on something? Thats Using the 6.5 inch Lake Country Force Hybrid pad w/ flex 3401 w/ 5 1/2 backing plate.

Also what is the difference in the LC -6.5 CCS-Smart Pad w/ dimples vs the LC 6.5 Force Hybrid Foam Pad w/ hole?

Lake Country 6.5 Inch CCS Pads 12 Pack - Your Choice! vs Lake Country Hybrid Power Finish 6.5 Inch Pads 6 Pack

Thanks
    Rob

I guess they dont make the 6.5 Hybrid Power Finish pad anymore, changed to the Force Hybrid?

Lake Country Force Hybrid or Lake Country Hybrid Power Finish pads for FLEX 3401?-zzx-lake-country-6-5-inch-ccs-pads-12-pack-your-choice-15-gif-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lake Country Force Hybrid or Lake Country Hybrid Power Finish pads for FLEX 3401?-zzx-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Country Force Hybrid or Lake Country Hybrid Power Finish pads for FLEX 3401?

Nobody has reported any issues with the center hole, either on the Hybrid Force, or any other pads that have a center hole. I am hoping to devise a centering tool that would take advantage of this and allow perfect centering of the pad by locating on the backing plate bolt and allowing center hole of the pad to slide down into a perfect position. I don't know if this is available, but if it is, I haven't heard of it.

The Hybrid Force pads, as per Lake Country themselves, are designed for use with a forced rotation polisher. They are thicker, and from feel alone, appear to have denser foam (my speculation would be that this is due to the possibility of standing up to the greater heat generated by forced rotation polishers). They are also much thicker, which allows them to conform to body shapes/lines better; the forced rotation polishers, not having the stalling characteristics of free rotation polishers, are able to spin these thicker pads with ease.

The CCS pads were designed for use with free rotation DAs. That doesn't mean that they can't be used with forced rotation polishers, they are just not optimized for this use. They may not have the same longevity with a forced rotation polisher that they would with a free rotation polisher.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Country Force Hybrid or Lake Country Hybrid Power Finish pads for FLEX 3401?

Quote Originally Posted by txchevyz71 View Post
    Actually I have the lake country 4" backing plate now. is there really a reason to go to the 4 3/8"?
    If it were me, I would save my money and just use the 4" backing plate. Can't see where 3/8" is going to make much difference. It's only a 3/16" difference in radius, i.e. only 3/16" difference at the edge.

Post Thanks / Like

I cant wait to use them. On my new flex xc3401vrg, the TV hinges is when I got my flex, the handle was loose, the side bolts were sticking out like almost a quarter of an inch, so I tried to remove them to see maybe they were installed wrong but couldn't budge them finally got one off and tried to screw it back in but it only went so far like it was, I am currently trying to get some suggestions on what to do, I really dont want to send it back, since I'm about to do some polishing in a couple of days. Looking for any suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about the misprint TV, lol, its supposed to be "the hinges".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123