autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Country Force Hybrid or Lake Country Hybrid Power Finish pads for FLEX 3401?

Quote Originally Posted by kkritsilas View Post
    You should be able to use them, but they may wear out quickly, as the 3401 is pretty tough on pads, so the flat pads, being designed for free rotation DAs, may wear out quicker. Where a DA would stop spinning the flat pad if you applied too much pressure, the Flex will continue to spin, generating more heat, and shortening the life of the pads. As well, when the edge of the pad hits an emblem or something solid, A DA will probably stop, but the Flex will keep going, possibly tearing up the pad.
    Ill save the flats for the PC. I also have a griots with a ton of their pads as well.

I will buy the new backing plate along with the pads for the flex during the next sale.

I see AG has a 6 pad mix and match, I wish they'd do a 12 pad mix and match as well. (like they do for the flats)

Thanks for the help everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Country Force Hybrid or Lake Country Hybrid Power Finish pads for FLEX 3401?

Got My Flex 3401 in yesterday. Signed by none other than Mike Phillips!

It indeed came with the stock 5.5 backing plate and the Lake Country 4" backing plate. and some hybrid pads (orange and white)

On another PBMG website, the white pads are sold out.... but other PBMG company still have them for sale?

Funny that the Lake country place is called an interchangeable plate and has the 2 pieces but now there is nothing to change the size two when using the Lake country plate "system"

I also ordered the new force pads that are due to arrive in a couple days. I will see how I like these pads with the lake country 4" plate. If not I guess I will need to order the flex 4 3/8 backing plate.

Thanks for the help yall

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by txchevyz71 View Post

Got My Flex 3401 in yesterday. Signed by none other than Mike Phillips!

Congratulations are beast of a buffer!

It was an honor to be asked to sign your FLEX 3401. At the time one of the warehouse guys brought it out to me, (Will I think?), I was actually using a FLEX 3401 on a cool car.

It indeed came with the stock 5.5 backing plate and the Lake Country 4" backing plate. and some hybrid pads (orange and white)

On another PBMG website, the white pads are sold out.... but other PBMG company still have them for sale?

Funny that the Lake country place is called an interchangeable plate and has the 2 pieces but now there is nothing to change the size two when using the Lake country plate "system"

Just to note, they quick making the larger backing plate that came in the kit mostly because you really don't need a larger backing plate because you really don't need or want to buff with anything larger than 6.5"

Looking forward to your future posts with your future projects.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Congratulations are beast of a buffer!

It was an honor to be asked to sign your FLEX 3401. At the time one of the warehouse guys brought it out to me, (Will I think?), I was actually using a FLEX 3401 on a cool car.

Just to note, they quick making the larger backing plate that came in the kit mostly because you really don't need a larger backing plate because you really don't need or want to buff with anything larger than 6.5"

Looking forward to your future posts with your future projects.

Thanks Mike.

I hope to get to use it soon. Force pads should be here later this week!

Do you think I need the Flex 4 3/8" plate?

Post Thanks / Like

if you are going to use 5.5" pads this would be the plate to use and it will give you a little clearance in from the velcro...

Post Thanks / Like

if you are going to use 5.5" pads this backing plate will give you a little clearance inward from the velcro. btw, congrats on the new purchase!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I just put it in my cart for the next order

Post Thanks / Like

Actually I have the lake country 4" backing plate now. is there really a reason to go to the 4 3/8"?

Post Thanks / Like

Actually I have the lake country 4" backing plate now. is there really a reason to go to the 4 3/8"?
    This would be good info to know as well. 3/8 doesn't seem like much but it definitely could be more overhang than desired

Post Thanks / Like

the 4" lake country backing plate was meant to be used with the 5" lake country hybrid pads which has 4 inches of hook & loop. if you were to use this backing plate with the 5.5" pads (which has 5 inches of hook & loop), it would be too small and there would be too much of a gap. the 4 3/8 backing plate sits in a little and will give you some cushion. also, there isn't a 5" backing plate available for the flex at the moment so it's the closest you're going to get...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast