autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle or Wolfgang - Which LC pad (Flat or CCS)?

I tried to search here and the web but couldn't find any answers. I currently use Meguiars compounds, polishes and waxes but want to give some other brands a try and was thinking about either Pinnacle or Wolfgang.

What LC pad combinations should I use with either or their compounds and polishes? Do I need the same combination as if using Meguiars? Polish = white, compound = orange/white, etc?

Also, can somebody suggest a compound, polish and wax from both Pinnacle and Wolfgang? These will be used on a 2008 Silverado and 2016 Avalon (both with good paint) but the worst paint is on a 1976 MGB single stage (lots of swirls, etc).

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle or Wolfgang - Which LC pad?

I have and like Pinnacle Sovereign II paste wax. Comes out of the can easily and spreads very thin. All that is needed is quality microfiber towels

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle or Wolfgang - Which LC pad?

one additional question. Since Pinnacle products are diminishing products, would a LC Flat or CCS pad be better? I currently have Flat but will get some CCS is that is a better option.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle or Wolfgang - Which LC pad (Flat or CCS)?

I have never liked the CCS pads for a couple of reasons. First is the accumulation of product in the dimpled recesses. To me, that's unused product that never got to work. I also like 100% of the face of the pad working during every pass. The CCS dimples aren't working if they aren't crushed down onto the paint with pressure. A flat pad I never worry about.

That's just my opinion and there are certainly others that may disagree.

I will also suggest you stay with the pad performance you already know. Apply the same thought and logic with your pad selection for the step you're trying to do. Plus that gives you more isolated feedback on the new product's ability versus what you know about the pad choice. You may find that with this new abrasive or product you may need to kick the pad up or down a notch.