autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Lake Country HDO Foam Pads

Lake Country HDO 5.5 Inch Foam Pads

Lake Country 5.5 Inch HDO Foam Pads were designed for use with the Griot's Garage BOSS G15 Long-Throw Orbital Polisher, or other similar long throw polishers. The face of the Lake Country 5.5 inch HDO Foam Pad is 5.5 inches with a 5 inch backing. A 5 inch backing plate is recommended for best results.

AND

Lake Country 6.5 inch HD Orbital Foam Pads

Lake Country HDO Foam Pads are specially designed foam pads that were developed for long-stroke dual action polishers. With the increasing popularity of long-stroke (also referred to as large throw) dual action polishers, the market demanded a line of foam pads designed specifically for these types of machines. After months of strenuous research and development, Lake Country is proud to introduce the HDO Foam Pads.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Country HDO Foam Pads

I wonder how much more improved they are compared to the HD Orbitals... I checked these new pads out a few weeks ago on LC website and the illustrations seem to depict these having less of a flare compared to the previous Orbital pads, I'm not sure if that's exact in real life, but why would they screw up their own illustrations if it wasn't true?

Also, their description page has a couple of obvious mistakes:
    -On the top page descriptions they state the same exact features for both the HDO Finishing Pad and the HDO Waxing Pad.
    -And on the bottom of the page [more detailed descriptions] they seem to have mixed up the names between the HDO Finishing Pad and the HDO Waxing Pad... Maybe it's just me, but shouldn't the Red pad be the Finishing pad and the Black pad be the Waxing pad, not the other way around?

Nailing the details of detailing products is a pet peeve of mine.. Proofreader must've took the day off. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips

We used them on the FLEX XFE7 for the Custom Car Builder Challenge episode on Competition Ready and they worked great!

In fact, the black finishing pad saved the day on the 1941 Willys along with SONAX EX 04-06

From this thread,

Pictures and comments from the 2017 Detail Fest Custom Car Builders Challenge for Competition Ready TV!

This is Mike aka busymind here on our forum. Mike is using the FLEX XFE7 with Lake Country HDO Foam Pads on the Miranda built 1967 Chevelle.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Big fan of the microfiber cutting pad.

the HDO pads on the flex XFE really does make a nice match.

the higher center gravity of the pad makes it virtually vibration free and that enables you to polish with 1 finger.

Here is me @ Detail Fest doing product demos with the McKee's polishes.

Fast Compound + Blue HDO Orbital
    Followed By
    Fast Polish + Black HDO

Post Thanks / Like

These look nice - will have to surprise my BOSS15 with some new pads.

ScotttH

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@NextLevelDetail View Post
    Big fan of the microfiber cutting pad.

the HDO pads on the flex XFE really does make a nice match.

the higher center gravity of the pad makes it virtually vibration free and that enables you to polish with 1 finger.

Here is me @ Detail Fest doing product demos with the McKee's polishes.

Fast Compound + Blue HDO Orbital
    Followed By
    Fast Polish + Black HDO

joe, what are you guys using/how are you putting those swirls in the hood? ive tried different methods but nothing comes out like the ones in your picture

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    joe, what are you guys using/how are you putting those swirls in the hood? ive tried different methods but nothing comes out like the ones in your picture
    for this demo hood I use a plastic bag, Any grocery bag or even a ziplock bag will install those heavy swirls. Alot of people really get shocked when they see how a simple plastic bag can scratch the paint this drastic.

you typically dont want to use a blunt object as that can cause deeper scratches that cant safely be removed, And doing demos of course you get out 99% of the damage but they will still ask about that last remaining deep scratch where you went a little to aggressive lol.

Post Thanks / Like

The pads did work well at the show. I'll most likely pick up the whole lineup and compare to my Low pros which is another fav pad lineup of mine currently

Post Thanks / Like

Do these use the hybrid foam. I just bought the new force flex pads and they use the hybrid stuff. I didn't see anything that talked about what type of foam these pads use? Seeks weird that they don't tell u o u what type of foam they are using?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I wonder how much more improved they are compared to the HD Orbitals... I checked these new pads out a few weeks ago on LC website and the illustrations seem to depict these having less of a flare compared to the previous Orbital pads, I'm not sure if that's exact in real life, but why would they screw up their own illustrations if it wasn't true?

Also, their description page has a couple of obvious mistakes:
    -On the top page descriptions they state the same exact features for both the HDO Finishing Pad and the HDO Waxing Pad.
    -And on the bottom of the page [more detailed descriptions] they seem to have mixed up the names between the HDO Finishing Pad and the HDO Waxing Pad... Maybe it's just me, but shouldn't the Red pad be the Finishing pad and the Black pad be the Waxing pad, not the other way around?

Nailing the details of detailing products is a pet peeve of mine.. Proofreader must've took the day off. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i noticed this too, its still not fixed or clear

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast