autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Buff & Shine MF pads

Has anybody had a chance to use these new pads ??? I like the idea of one pad doing cutting and polishing.

Buff and Shine Uro-Fiber Pads

Thanks !!!

Mike Phillips

Re: Buff & Shine MF pads

Yes.

They work great.

Somewhere I have a review.

The MOST important thing is to be sure to use products i.e. compounds, polishes and cleaner/waxes (AIOs for you that like to call a cleaner/wax and AIO), that use GREAT abrasive technology you you'll end up with micro-marring.

That and find a way to clean fiber pads often and the fibers will tend to mat down. The best way is with a pinpoint air squirter and compressed air. If you don't have a compressor then get a nylon pad cleaning brush and brush them after each section of paint you buff.

Post Thanks / Like

As always THANKS !!! for your knowledge and info !!!!

Mike Phillips

I tested them out at SEMA on a Ferrari that was in our booth and I think a local clearcoated streetrod.

They are actually a very good microfiber pad. To be honest, I'm really not a huge user of any brand of microfiber pads because if I have heavy cutting to do I dimply slap a wool buffing pad on a FLEX 3401 or a FLEX PE14 and get the hard dirty work over with and then switch over to foam.

That said, I know a lot of guys like and even prefer to use microfiber pads for detailing cars and if you want a quality pad then the Buff & Shine microfiber pads are top notch in quality materials and design.

You really need to either have an air squirter to clean them and re-fluff the fibers or a good pad cleaning brush and it's 100% NORMAL for the fibers to matt down and they are working as designed when they are matted down. For this reason you need to clean them and re-fluff them after each section of paint you buff.

If you clean them often and use great products you'll get great results. I wouldn't hesitate at all to order B&S microfiber pads.