autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: which pads to order?

Quote Originally Posted by Thenissanguy View Post
    well i ordered the oxidation removal kit thats for sale on here and it comes with a wool pad and the M31 AIO. Maybe i should order another wool pad
    Great to hear the pad choice!!!!!!! Definitely recommended. I spent hundreds on CCS, CG Octagons, Megs flat foam etc.... till I tried the Hybrid in 5". Perfectly awesome.

Menzerna FG400 might be the perfect product to use with the Orange cutting pad that will level the surface down while getting rid of the oxidation. Best all around compound I have used. But Megs 105 (if you wet it with a spray bottle while working it, it will go further and last longer) ( Menzerna uses diminishing abrasives in their compounds, Meguires uses for the M105 and M205 non diminishing abrasives, so for thiers a spritz of water will allow it to work for a longer time)

I would try your cutting pads and then a compound and work from there before spending a bunch of money for compounding phase. Test area in a few places ought to tell you what you need to know.

Remember------work clean as possible. Oxidation is dead paint on the surface, so when you remove that, your pad will become caked with it, so cleaning your pad (air nozzle sprayed against pad surface will clean residue off, or the specialty pad washers then air sprayed to remove water, or Mikes terry cloth rag while spinning the pad will do some cleaning) Once you find the pads that will work for you the best, just make sure you have 6-8 of each kind (specifically cutting and polishing) so you can swap pads and work clean as possible. Residue management will allow you to spend less time on the panels and also produce the best finish possible.

A lot of threads out there on residue management, and Mike P has talked about it a lot. But, its an RV, so absolutely perfect paint like on a show car is not likely your goal, just a good thorough cleaning and polishing.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

When you use hd speed do not use ccs pads, or any closed cell pad.

That will cause the pad to gum up and not leave a consistent film of product on the panel.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@NextLevelDetail View Post
    When you use hd speed do not use ccs pads, or any closed cell pad.

That will cause the pad to gum up and not leave a consistent film of product on the panel.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    thank you ! i was thinking of using the ccs pad after the hybrid pads got dirty but not anymore! Saved me a headache!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12