autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Question My Lake Country Hybrid White Pad peeling in center??

Is this norm wear? or what would cause it, It doesn't have much use, I did buy 2 and was cleaning like Mike says with the terry/cotten cloth, also was rinsing them and at night washing them with the recommended cleaner and rejuvenater etc. Maybe the cleaning w/ cloth is pulling on it in the center?

I just got these last week and the 3401 5.5 using the Pinnacle adv finishing polish,

Also I think I got sent the wrong size in the CCS pads with the black Velcro over hanging the Flex backing pad???

Thanks for any help in this

Rob

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Lake Country Hybrid White Pad peeling in center??-img_5021-jpg   My Lake Country Hybrid White Pad peeling in center??-img_5020-jpg   My Lake Country Hybrid White Pad peeling in center??-img_5022-jpg   My Lake Country Hybrid White Pad peeling in center??-img_5023-jpg   My Lake Country Hybrid White Pad peeling in center??-img_5024-jpg  

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My Lake Country Hybrid White Pad peeling in center??

It's the summer, high temps and heat from the machine kills pads. I would say from the first pic it's cooked.

Post Thanks / Like

A little too rough with the towel these things are foam after all. Pads are consumables just be a little easier on them when cleaning.
    Semper Fi
    Ralph

Post Thanks / Like

That looks like normal wear to me. I had that in most of my used pads- not only the hybrid. As mentioned, go gentle with cleaning of pad. Having said that, some foam does wear out faster- generally the cutting pad.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the hybrids and have done 5 full cars with them and they do not look anywhere near that. You just got them and thats how they look, something is not right..

How exactly are you cleaning on the fly? All i do is ball up my terry towel in my hand between my thumb and first finger (in the valley), trigger the polisher for a few seconds and rest the towel on the pad with a little pressure (very very little). No pressure will cause the towel to spin and get caught in the polisher. It picks up quite a bit and i continue polishing after. As good measure I change pads after every panel.

However.....I used at least 6-7 pads on a car, not 2.

I have never gone above speed 5 on the flex.

Possible reasons for your pad messing up could be:
    1. Too much product (pad saturation) Product gets pulled to the center....
    2. Too much heat
    3. Aggressive towel cleaning, it is foam after all.
    4. Too few pads
    5. Too much polishing with one pad
    6. Pads still wet on the inside from washing the previous night?

I wait a minimum of 2 days to reuse a pad to be safe. Just me being extra careful.

Just my $0.02

Post Thanks / Like

Im doing the towel just like Mike says in his vid. but maybe putting to much pressure on it? Dont think it was heat,I used the Pinnacle adv finishing polish with these 2 pads as the final polish, just the top of the boat,mainly on the dark colors,so thats prob 4-6 hours on that step w/ the 2 white pads,I had already cut it and then polished it with the 3m ultrafine,

I was doing the towel thing but it felt like it wasent getting enough material out, or I thought that, I used the McKee's 37 Polishing Pad Conditioner after each section area, I used the mckee's to clean them.

Thanks for the help

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Lake Country Hybrid White Pad peeling in center??-img_3522-custom-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

388 that looks nice! BTW when my pads wear out it's usually in the center. Just repurpose it for things like wheels exchaust tips etc. I too use 4-6 pads generally on a car and use a pad washer. Generally speaking one pad per panel, wash it rotate to a new pad while the first pad drys out a bit. By using more pads it's easier on them but the trade off is you'll use more product.I big benefit is residue management due to working with clean pads, plus when done I don't have a bunch of pads waiting to be cleaned.
    Semper Fi
    Ralph

Post Thanks / Like

IMO this looks normal to me. I have used the same pads so much that little bits and pieces of the pad foam started to fly off. Only then did I say...maybe it's time for a new pad....LOL....IMO ALL pads will wear out. Some will wear out later some sooner. IMO you have a couple of more polishings to do or you can always wait till pieces of foam start flying off....LOL

FYI when that happened I freaked out at 1st thinking I did some serious damage to the car....then when I saw the pad....just call me Homer, Homer Simpson....DOH!!!!....LOL
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: My Lake Country Hybrid White Pad peeling in center??

Would this white pad still be ok to buff with?

Is it normal for this white style pad to be worn out in say just buffing 1 car?

o yea the purple microfiber towels dont float,Im doing the finishing wax on the deck in my slip, I can barley walk on it,its slick,lol

Thanks

Rob

My Lake Country Hybrid White Pad peeling in center??-hustler-reflect-2-2-jpgMy Lake Country Hybrid White Pad peeling in center??-hustler-reflect-2-1-jpg