autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Recommended pads for Rupes mark ll and Rupes mini

Hi all,

New to detailing, looking to purchase a Rupes 21 mark ll and Rupes mini.

After reading much of the forum trying to find which pads would best suit I've read that certain compounds and polishes aren't compatible or recommend to use with certain pads..

Would be looking to use mainly 3D HD and Menzerna compounds/polishes.

I see Rupes foam pads, Lake Country HD Orbital pads, Lake Country Thin Pro pads, Lake Country Flat pads, Buff and Shine Uro-Tec pads, Buff and Shine Low-Pro pads, Buff and Shine Flat pads and Griots Garage pads..

Any help from you guys with which pads you'd recommend for either machine, which pads you currently use with which products and/or from your experience of having used certain pads before but now prefer whichever pads and why would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Elger (:

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Recommended pads for Rupes mark ll and Rupes mini

Non Rupes polishes, maybe consider the Uro-Tech, or Lake Country HD Orbitals.

I actually like Rupes polishes a little more than my Menzerna, mostly because they look just as good, if not better, but they also wipe off much easier.

I've tried HD Polish, and thought it was great, but I'm not looking to add anymore lines.

Thus, I really enjoy using the Rupes with their pads and polishes.

Mike Phillips

Hi Elger,

First thank you for joining the forum and taking our conversation from e-mail to the forum. This is where the action's at!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Elger View Post

Hi all,

New to detailing, looking to purchase a Rupes 21 mark ll and Rupes mini.

After reading much of the forum trying to find which pads would best suit I've read that certain compounds and polishes aren't compatible or recommend to use with certain pads..

Would be looking to use mainly 3D HD and Menzerna compounds/polishes.

I see Rupes foam pads, Lake Country HD Orbital pads, Lake Country Thin Pro pads, Lake Country Flat pads, Buff and Shine Uro-Tec pads, Buff and Shine Low-Pro pads, Buff and Shine Flat pads and Griots Garage pads..

Any help from you guys with which pads you'd recommend for either machine, which pads you currently use with which products and/or from your experience of having used certain pads before but now prefer whichever pads and why would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Elger (:

My recommendation is if you're going to go with RUPES tools then start out with RUPES pads and products too. Their "system" works and I document this in my RUPES book as well as in all the RUPES classes I've taught here at AG.

List of RUPES BigFoot Detailing Classes at Autogeek

The thing about RUPES pads is they are designed and engineered for the RUPES backing plates and tools and what I've noticed and shown others is that other pads can cause vibration. Some people don't care about vibration and some people can't stand it. So just keep that in mind when selecting pads.

When I do personal detailing I mostly use the RUPES blue/blue and white/white. The trick is to work the compound till it finishes down completely without going to a dry buff and then the white/white will take these results to show car status.

I've read where some people have found the RUPES green pads don't work well with Menzerna FG400? Could be, I don't know off hand. I do know that Menzerna FG400 works great with the RUPES blue coarse foam pads.

I'm sure others will chime in with their thoughts as RUPES has a lot of fans.