autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Uber Coating

I still find myself experimenting with detail sprays and other spray products while drying specifically. Its mostly for lubrication as a towel to remove light drops of water "could" mar the finish. It might add a bit of additional gloss but still looks equally appealing.

I would not hesitate to recommend the Uber coating, and I would use it again.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Ray - I have both the WG Autobathe and the WG Rinseless. So far I have just been using the WG Rinseless. I have some WG Rinseless mixed up as a QD to use as needed. Trying to keep it super simple.

Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou guys for these great tips and suggestions. It's just like embedded within me to do "something" with normal maintenance. I'm so used to using UQW after washing and drying my car, that it feels weird not using something to wipe the car down with. But hey, if it just doesn't need it for any reason, and I can save some money on products not used, then that would be cool.

Then with the Glass Cleaners like Stoners. Can these be used, or should not be used, on the glass that is coated as well.

I'm sorry if I am asking questions that have all been answered before. I have been looking through old posts and have not seen too much on the do's and don'ts with the Uber Coating.

Thank you all greatly!

Ray

Post Thanks / Like

Ray - I don't see why you couldn't use a quality glass cleaner on the exterior glass. But I haven't found the need. The Uber Rinseless mixed as a QD works awesome. I also have the BF waterless mixed as a QD, also a great option.

My CQUK coated vehicle has CP Reload on the glass right now, I haven't used a glass cleaner on that vehicle in years. Just use the QD I mix up.

My vehicles are coated to make life easy. It has been a struggle to get past the feeling of not needing to do a Wipedown after washing; but after time you will appreciate the time savings. You will also notice less MF marring in the finish since You are not touching the paint as often as before.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not normally a coating guy but from all that I've read of the review lately and application instructions, I think I might break down and try the Wolfgang one. Hmmm.....
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful Buick and a great job. Looks amazing
    Ron !!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
    I'm not normally a coating guy but from all that I've read of the review lately and application instructions, I think I might break down and try the Wolfgang one. Hmmm.....

As Ebg 18t said, I found it amazingly easy to apply. I was nervous at first but once I had completed a few sections I realized how simple this was and my confidence grew. Over the last few days I decided that for my DD the coating was a wise choice. But I also realized (for now) that for my other car, I will not apply the coating. Rather, I simply enjoy the occasional exterior detailing too much. So I'm going with your Black Light/Collinite combination. I can't wait to compare the Wolfgang coating to the Black Light/Collinite under the direct light of a sunny day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cabrio View Post
    As Ebg 18t said, I found it amazingly easy to apply. I was nervous at first but once I had completed a few sections I realized how simple this was and my confidence grew. Over the last few days I decided that for my DD the coating was a wise choice. But I also realized (for now) that for my other car, I will not apply the coating. Rather, I simply enjoy the occasional exterior detailing too much. So I'm going with your Black Light/Collinite combination. I can't wait to compare the Wolfgang coating to the Black Light/Collinite under the direct light of a sunny day.
    I'm likely going to use it on the wife's minivan not the Audi. I like to play with the Audi too much and coatings aren't going to prevent marks and skuffs and I tend to hit those right away on my car. I was also looking at it this morning and while I know coatings help, the finish on my car is such a mirror like one that I'd be surprised if it would make a huge difference compared to what I have now.

Sounds silly but I also find it very easy to quickly hit the car up with Collinite or even something like blacklight after a nice wash. Takes me maybe 10-15 minutes tops to coat let it haze and wife off. That's the therapy part IMO.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Well I used two of the new McKee's 37 products this morning. One over Uber Coating (Fast Wax Spray) and the other on the tires. Both are quite impressive.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Does this coat offer UV protection? I want to apply them to the trims and plastics.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234