autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How much product do I need?

Just purchased the Uber ceramic coating kit. I have a new 2016 Colorado Crew Cab. Will the 15 cc be enough to do entire truck including wheels and windows. Will the16oz of prep be enough? I am also wondering what products I will need to maintain? This will be first time using a coating

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How much product do I need?

Those are NICE trucks. Being the first time using a coating, do your research. You don't want to be left with any high spots.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

have read Mike Philips and Mike @ Dedicateds reviews, any other advice will be welcomed

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

First... congrats on a VERY NICE new truck!

Second... don't even THINK about using a foam applicator applying a coating. Especially if it's your first time.

The foam applicators are good for one thing, and one thing only. Getting you to USE MORE PRODUCT! More than you need for sure!

Get a 10 pack of the CarPro Suede Microfiber Cloths.
    Why?
    Because you can make 160 of the 4" cloths for $19.99 where if you buy the 'pre-cut' 4" cloths you'll pay $12.99 FOR TEN!!!

CarPro Suede Microfiber Cloths, suede microfibre cloths, microfiber towels, cquartz microfiber

Also, get the CarPro Applicator Pack, 2 foam blocks for $3.99.
    CarPro Cquartz Applicator

I've applied all sorts of coatings with the suede cloths and they've all done great. No real worries of high spots, (or at least not any massive ones that don't easily wipe off).

It's easy to apply a second, or even a third coat using the suede cloth method without any worries. I always go over it a second time just to make sure there are no missed spots, works every time.

Applying a coating with that system should be a detailers law or something.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the new truck!

The kit has enough product to prep and coat the entire truck. The included LC foam applicator will be fine for use when coating the truck. If you plan on doing multiple vehicles, consider the system Tony (car daddy) mentioned above.

If it were me, I would maintain this coating/truck with CarPro Hydro foam and Hydro2.

Post Thanks / Like

You are going to perform a new car prep/detail to include claying and polishing for the coating correct?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post

Second... don't even THINK about using a foam applicator applying a coating. Especially if it's your first time.

The foam applicators are good for one thing, and one thing only. Getting you to USE MORE PRODUCT! More than you need for sure!

Why?
    Because you can make 160 of the 4" cloths for $19.99 where if you buy the 'pre-cut' 4" cloths you'll pay $12.99 FOR TEN!!!

CarPro Suede Microfiber Cloths, suede microfibre cloths, microfiber towels, cquartz microfiber

I've applied all sorts of coatings with the suede cloths and they've all done great. No real worries of high spots, (or at least not any massive ones that don't easily wipe off).

It's easy to apply a second, or even a third coat using the suede cloth method without any worries. I always go over it a second time just to make sure there are no missed spots, works every time.

+1 exactly what I do and wouldn't have it any other way!
    Dynamic Detailing
    Website | Instagram | Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Why?

Thanks,really starting to like the truck. Do you wrap the applicator with the cloth. What do you use for buff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    You are going to perform a new car prep/detail to include claying and polishing for the coating correct?
    I had planned on wash,clay and SF 4000 which I had. Any other suggestions

Post Thanks / Like

Why?

Quote Originally Posted by wil2007 View Post
    Do you wrap the applicator with the cloth?
    I would wrap the Car Pro block with something like Reynolds plastic-wrap first, then wrap the micro-suede cloths around the foam block. The plastic-wrap prevents any solution from soaking past the suedes and into the Car Pro foam block. Once the suede is loaded any additional solution goes where it should...on the paint.
    Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast