autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WG Uber rinseless wash used as a clay lubricant/detail spray?

If I may revive this thread..

Like a few others, I've been considering just ditching my QDs all together in favor of using waterless wash for that purpose. I can't say enough about how much I like the Wolfgang Uber Rinseless as a Waterless, specifically because there is nothing left behind. (Although I do see the benefit of products that do leave wax/sealant.) I'm mixing it in a 64 ounce pump sprayer just for the purpose of waterless, and hope to have only have one bottle to reach for when cleaning.

That being said, I've seen a couple of others mention using the Uber waterless ratio as a clay lube. If my math is correct, that's using 2.6 ounces per gallon (1/3 ounce to 16 ounce as waterless) vs 1 ounce per gallon for clay lube, according to the directions on the product page.

My question is, other than a slight increase in expense to use more product (one that I'll happily ignore), has anyone had any issues using the waterless ratio as a clay lube? In my head, there should be more lubricity using this higher concentration, or am I misunderstanding?

Also, has anyone used the Uber Waterless as a lube for Nanoskin pads?

I appreciate that there are many products in this category (and can personally testify to the pure awesomeness that is Pinnacle Waterless), but am really hope to hear specifically about Wolfgang for this purpose.

Many thanks.
    Jim
    "All persons living or dead, are purely coincidental."
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Post Thanks / Like

Used it as clay-lube this weekend. Super slick. 1oz per gallon.

Post Thanks / Like

I wash a panel with uber grab my nano sponge out of its bucket and go straight to claying with the product that left on the panel, sometimes I add a little more but uber is so slick I rarely need too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Vegas View Post
    My question is, other than a slight increase in expense to use more product (one that I'll happily ignore), has anyone had any issues using the waterless ratio as a clay lube? In my head, there should be more lubricity using this higher concentration, or am I misunderstanding?

Also, has anyone used the Uber Waterless as a lube for Nanoskin pads?
    You'd want lubricity, but not too much to the point where the clay/mitt glides over contaminants rather than pulling them up. This is why QD labels suggested that you cut the product with water when use as clay lubricant.

Not with the pad, but have clayed with both grades of sponges with zero issues.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrutalNoodle View Post
    You'd want lubricity, but not too much to the point where the clay/mitt glides over contaminants rather than pulling them up.

Not with the pad, but have clayed with both grades of sponges with zero issues.
    Outstanding point, Noodle! I hadn't considered that.

And I appreciate the feedback on using it with the sponges. I currently have been using Glide, but would like to reduce the number of bottles on the shelves. I'll mix up some as a clay lube to try out.

Greatly appreciate it.
    "All persons living or dead, are purely coincidental."
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Post Thanks / Like

I used it this weekend at the WW ratio and it worked fine....except you don't want to let it set. I takes some work to get it off after it has dried. I'd go with 1:128 next time.

I've just started to use Uber. I'm use to D114 which is residue free. IMHO, Uber is not residue free.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest45 View Post
    I used it this weekend at the WW ratio and it worked fine....except you don't want to let it set. I takes some work to get it off after it has dried. I'd go with 1:128 next time.

I've just started to use Uber. I'm use to D114 which is residue free. IMHO, Uber is not residue free.
    So you used the Uber@1oz. per 3 gallons but feel like next time you'll use it @1oz. per gallon in order to get the job done as a waterless?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest45 View Post

Are you using distilled water? I have no residues using the WW ratio (1/3oz per 16oz bottle).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    So you used the Uber@1oz. per 3 gallons but feel like next time you'll use it @1oz. per gallon in order to get the job done as a waterless?
    1:128 for clay lube in a sprayer is what I will try next time. The 1:42 (WW) seemed heavy for clay, but worked with a clay mitt.

I was using it 1:256 in a bucket to rinse off the mitt. Seemed to pull debris down as there was "stuff" on the bottom of the bucket after emptying.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hdez View Post
    Are you using distilled water? I have no residues using the WW ratio (1/3oz per 16oz bottle).
    Yep, I always use distilled for chem. mixing.

Easy test: spray it on something and let it dry. D114 will leave almost nothing and that little bit is easy to wipe. Was not my experience with Uber @ 1:42.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123