autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

WG polish enchancer and WG glaze

In what order would you use products i.e. wash, clay, enhancer, then glaze OR wash, clay glaze, then enhancer. There was discussion about this on my thread and would appreciate some input. My thoughts were the following: you would use the polish enhancer to decontaminate after clay, then use glaze to get rid of fine scratches and swirls (2500 grit). If you used clay, then enhancer, the enhancer would remove the glaze.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WG polish enchancer and WG glaze

Quote Originally Posted by tenblade2001 View Post
    In what order would you use products i.e. wash, clay, enhancer, then glaze OR wash, clay glaze, then enhancer. There was discussion about this on my thread and would appreciate some input. My thoughts were the following: you would use the polish enhancer to decontaminate after clay, then use glaze to get rid of fine scratches and swirls (2500 grit). If you used clay, then enhancer, the enhancer would remove the glaze.
    You'll never use Paintwork Polish Enhancer and Finishing Glaze on the same detail.

Paintwork Polish Enhancer is a non-abrasive chemical cleaner. Finishing Glaze is an ultra fine finishing polish.

Use the least aggressive product to get the job done

Once all the imperfections are removed, use Paintwork Polish Enhancer as your pre-wax cleaner when it comes time to detail your vehicle again - assuming it is still swirl free of course. If it has light swirl marks, then use Finishing Glaze instead.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks Nick. Well, guess I wasted my time. I have a white car and was trying to get it as clean as possible, so I thought I would use the polish enhancer like p21s, to chemical clean anything that the clay/nanoskin might have missed.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tenblade2001 View Post
    thanks Nick. Well, guess I wasted my time. I have a white car and was trying to get it as clean as possible, so I thought I would use the polish enhancer like p21s, to chemical clean anything that the clay/nanoskin might have missed.
    I wouldn't call it a waste of time.

Clay bars/Nanoskin Autoscrub remove above-surface bonded contaminants. Pre-wax cleaners remove below-surface contaminants.

Look at it this way, you probably have the cleanest white car in the state!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post

You'll never use Paintwork Polish Enhancer and Finishing Glaze on the same detail.

Just to add to what Nick shared....

Choosing to use a paint cleaner or a fine cut polish is an either/or decision. You're either going to use one or the other but not both.

If you use a fine cut polish, (that's what Wolfgang Finishing Glaze is, it's a fine cut polish not a glaze but the traditional definition of a a "glaze"), then the fine cut polish will do EVERYTHING the paint cleaner will do PLUS remove any shallow swirls and scratches.

A chemical cleaner only paint cleaner will only clean the surface of light oxidation, road film, staining and other surface impurities but since it's non-abrasive it will not abrade the surface to level it and thus remove swirls and scratches.

So a paint cleaner would be for new cars or cars with like-new paint that don't need any defect removal or correction work performed. A paint cleaner will perfectly prepare the paint for the application of wax or a synthetic paint sealant without removing any of the preciously thin paint on the car.

A fine cut polish would be for cars with light/shallow/fine swirls and scratches or used after a more aggressive compound or polish to maximize the gloss and clarity created by the more aggressive product in a multi-step procedure.

Make sense?

Paint cleaners and fine cut polishes are either/or products, you either use one and not the other, or use the other and not the one.

Following a fine cut polish with a paint cleaner would be redundant.

Using a paint cleaner before a fine cut polish would be a waste of time, energy and the paint cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike for the great info. I read and re-read the Wolfgang product guide but they didn't cover this scenario.

"Following a fine cut polish with a paint cleaner would be redundant. "

Er, that's what I did... I thought the Paintwork Polish Enhancer went right before the Wax. I hope it was just redundant and that I wasn't going backward or undoing anything the Finishing Glaze did?

At least I can skip a step for the rest of the car...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mmmm, interesting.. As im new to this, i started out on my 2006 Arctic White corvette by just using, clay then wolfgang polish enhancer, then thier deep gloss sealant.. Look's good but, i can see the swirls in my decklid and hood still. And i only used a old cheap craftman 9 inch obit with bonet.
    So im moving up, and have a Griot's 6 inch on the way.
    Question's are

1 - Which pad.- Im thinking finest cut since im beginner ( foam)
    2 - Then try- Wolfgang Swirl remover.
    3 - Wolfgang Finishing Glaze.
    4 -Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant
    Ive already have the w.g, deep gloss sealant so, im going to stay with this brand,
    Im assuming , i would need to put W.G, deep gloss sealant on top of the glaze..and could i forget the glaze if the swirls come out. ?

Post Thanks / Like

I'll say I love WG finishing glaze....

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tpr1634 View Post
    I'll say I love WG finishing glaze....
    Then a sealant or wax on top of that right. ??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by carls2006 View Post
    Then a sealant or wax on top of that right. ??
    Roger that, my favorite 845

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast