autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for being a noob, by two coats you mean wait for 12-24 hours and then re apply. Not right away? Correct.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ? About WolfGang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant

Quote Originally Posted by Lakhum View Post
    Sorry for being a noob, by two coats you mean wait for 12-24 hours and then re apply. Not right away? Correct.
    Exactly...

Post Thanks / Like

For the "sisters", WG Deep Liquid Sealant or BFCS, you only need to wait 1-2 hours for the sealant to bond - then apply an additional coat. I've checked this information out with Todd & Nick who both confirm this. (keep in mind that Todd is the Development Mgr for BF) No need to wait that long. BTW, I just applied 4 coats of the new WG Liquid Sealant - it's fantastic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by addysdaddy View Post
    For the "sisters", WG Deep Liquid Sealant or BFCS, you only need to wait 1-2 hours for the sealant to bond - then apply an additional coat. I've checked this information out with Todd & Nick who both confirm this. (keep in mind that Todd is the Development Mgr for BF) No need to wait that long. BTW, I just applied 4 coats of the new WG Liquid Sealant - it's fantastic.
    Autogeek.net and Wolfgangcarcare.com suggest that in order to achieve a slick, durable finish, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 must cure for at least 12-24 hours (depending upon humidity) curing time before another coat.

By the way 4 coats is a over kill and waste of product

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by addysdaddy View Post
    I think Lakhum was referencing Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, not Liquid Seal. In which case yes, at least 12hrs is the minimum cure time for WGDGPS.
    2011 Ford F-150 FX4 5.0L -- My Flickr Page

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I was referring about the WGDGPS. How many coats do you think is the threshold, from when you cant get any more protection as well as the look?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I was referring about the WGDGPS. How many coats do you think is the threshold, from when you cant get any more protection as well as the look?
    I've never gone past two coats, but I would say three might be the threshold.

The look from one coat to two coats is noticeable to my eye, especially after the cure time.
    2011 Ford F-150 FX4 5.0L -- My Flickr Page

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieF View Post
    I just recieved my order and my free sample is WGDGPS. My question is, after I apply the sealant, can I apply collonite 845 after the sealant? Thanks.

Are samples 2oz or 4oz? Gonna get the WDGPS sample with my next order.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a total noob, but this past weekend I found the courage to put in work with the products I've aquired. After polishing and all, I laid the WGDGPS and continued to wait till it hazed. I buffed the haze off with a MF towel and added wax immediatly after.

My question is, can I get away with this? What steps do I need to correct the longevity of the sealant, or will it even be affected?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddieF View Post
    I just recieved my order and my free sample is WGDGPS. My question is, after I apply the sealant, can I apply collonite 845 after the sealant? Thanks.
    This brings up a very good question, and one that I've spent much time thinking about. I'm not a professional detailer; just an avid car enthusiast. However, after reading many posts and talking to different detailers here locally, they all agree that in order for a product (wax or sealant) to adequately adhere to a paint's surface and obtain the most durability and lifespan from that product, the paint must be cleaned and all impurities removed prior to application. I think we all agree with that statement.

Here is where I get confused and maybe someone can fill me in and correct me if I am wrong. Once your sealant has been applied (in this case, WDGPS), and cured to the paint's surface, any product applied after that (in this case, 845) is actually being applied to the surface of the sealant, and not directly onto the paint. So, I don't see how the 845 will adequately adhere to the paint surface if a based product is already adhered to the paint's surface. I just don't see how the 845 or any other product can hold up very long if it's trying to bond to a silicone based product such as WDGPS.

I like the concept and I do this myself, but I've often wondered if I'm wasting 845.

Just my thoughts and by no means am I arguing the point; just hoping to get clarification.

thanks all,

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast