autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    You can try something like Duragloss Water Spot Remover. It may work.
    +1 for this product. For 8 bucks it's always good to have a bottle on hand. Crazy smell though.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang paint sealant why have you forsaken me?

Since u used the swirl remover i would assume the paint is in good shape before u apply the sealant.
    I have heard people saying that WG DGPS is easy to have water spots. Try to wash with a shampoo that is good at cleaning like Citrus Wash and Gloss to see if the spots are gone?
    If no u hv to remove everything and prep ur car again.
    Exotic Auto Detail trade review / feedback:
    Think twice if you're going to trade with ExoticAutoDetai.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had the same problem with several lsp's ive put on my car. I dont have a garage, so my car is always outside. But wether i'm using meg's 26, colli 845, or klasse HGSG, the day or so after its unimpressive, whether it be way dusty or obvious water spots. I hand wash it, and after that its looking beautiful.

Post Thanks / Like

BobbyG said it, when water evaporates it leaves behind what ever is in it. So if tree pollen or salt from the sea or any other minerals will be left behind where the water beaded. The sealant will make these water spots much easier to remove. Like was said un protected pait will not bead thus not water spot but be assure that the minerals are still laying on your paint and damaging it every day there is no protection.

A simple wash and dry should remove them with ease I would think.
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Post Thanks / Like

OP I am in the same boat as you, I thought using a higher end product would help repel or even make it easier to remove. I have a black car and the same happened. I will wash the car tomorrow again with rinseless and hopefully that will help.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, guys, thanks for all the responses I really appreciate the feedback. To answer a few questions, no, I have not washed it yet but just licking my finger and trying to scrub through the spots does not remove them. Yes, during the rainstorm storm it was parked under a tree because I thought it'd hail, although it never did. I'll wash it tomorrow or the next day and report back with some pics. I have my doubts whether they'll completely come out just by washing.

To put this into perspective, this is a 1997 Toyota 4runner and the paint was beginning to fade on the roof. So I bought the three products and borrowed my friends 10" buffer (it was a monster and pain to work with) but I wanted to try and get the oxidized spot on the roof shined up a bit. But mainly I wanted the sealant to protect the roof from future damage.

If washing it doesn't work, I will most likely start the process over and do it right this time with the Porter Cable 7424XP. I didn't want to spend that much for a 15 year old vehicle but desperate times....

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to clarify, does anyone think this product is just crap? I'm hoping it's just user error on my part.

In order I washed, clayed, Swirl remover, sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madbomber08 View Post
    Just to clarify, does anyone think this product is just crap? I'm hoping it's just user error on my part.
    Applied one layer of WGDGPS on a white 08 crv couple months back now. Still holding on pretty strong although i do wash it frequently and always use a spray wax. Loving the WGDGPS so far!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm now to this but I do understand the science side pretty well. Nothing stops rain spots. After it stops raining there will be water drops on you car, nicely beaded if you've waxed it. When the water evaporates it leaves behind any minerals that are in the water. A good sealant will stop these minerals from eating into your paint, making them easier to remove (ie, wash your car). Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, the problem might be a few issues. If you were using a 10" buffer, you probably werent really getting the abrasives in the polish to break down and effectively do what it needed to do. Therefore, my guess is the paint is still in far from perfect condition. Those giant polishers are more for spreading wax than any effective correction work.

Secondly you parked under a tree. So as it was raining, the rain was washing all the stuff that the tree has been collecting off and onto whatever was underneath it (your car).

If you are trying just to get some of the oxidized paint off and get it somewhat shinyer, you might want to just try a cleaner wax. One step, ok results, and you are done.

When it rains, and my car is not underneath anything, it does dry relatively clean. There will always be some water spots, but they usually come right off (regardless of whats on top of my paint). WGDGPS I do believe has a longer curing time than most sealants, so its also possible it had not completely cured in 12 hours, especially in high humidity.

More often than not, its more about the process than the products themselves, and perhaps you arent using the right products and process to achieve the results you are hoping for.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast