autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Deep gloss paint sealant question

I know every sealant has different times you have to wait to remove/buff. Most say to a haze which depending on the weather can be from 5 to 20 minutes. My question is if you remove dgps after it hazes, will it still provide the gloss and protection like allowing it to sit for 45 minutes like the directions say. Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Deep gloss paint sealant question

Quote Originally Posted by kingjohn21 View Post
    I know every sealant has different times you have to wait to remove/buff. Most say to a haze which depending on the weather can be from 5 to 20 minutes. My question is if you remove dgps after it hazes, will it still provide the gloss and protection like allowing it to sit for 45 minutes like the directions say. Thank you
    I always let it sit for as long as I can. Sometimes over night. If I'm in a crunch...then typically 30-45 minutes is the least amount of time I'll wait.

Can't really say whether or not this affects the longevity of the product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher1129 View Post
    I always let it sit for as long as I can. Sometimes over night. If I'm in a crunch...then typically 30-45 minutes is the least amount of time I'll wait.

Thanks for the response. I tried bfwd for the first time today and it went on pretty fast. Didn't know if the two are similar enough that 3.0 would give similar results.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher1129 View Post

You don't need to let the applied product sit for longer than 30-45 minute for WGDGPS. Once you wipe the excess off, then yes you ideally want to let it sit for 12 hours with no moisture contact.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjohn21 View Post
    The DGPS will not haze. Just put it on, if you do it properly it will probably take you 20-30 minutes anyway depending on the vehicle size. Go take a break for 10 or 15 minutes and come back and start carefully wiping/buffing it off in the order of how you applied it. That's what I've been doing and it works great.

Post Thanks / Like

DGPS will not haze. Just put it on, if you do it properly it will probably take you 20-30 minutes anyway depending on the vehicle size. Go take a break for 10 or 15 minutes and come back and start carefully wiping/buffing it off in the order of how you applied it. That's what I've been doing and it works great.
    How often do you, personally, reapply it?

Post Thanks / Like

Adding to kingjohn21's question,how critical is it to keep it moisture free for 12 hours? I live in Hawaii, and the humidity is always pretty high here. Is garaging it overnight sufficient? Thanks for any info.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coorsman View Post
    Adding to kingjohn21's question,how critical is it to keep it moisture free for 12 hours? I live in Hawaii, and the humidity is always pretty high here. Is garaging it overnight sufficient? Thanks for any info.
    Imagine having to get dehumidifier just to allow a premium car care product to cure - lol?

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

i need to know this info too...

so whats the cure time

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Detail_Dude View Post
    How often do you, personally, reapply it?
    Well......I haven't had a car long enough to have to reapply it yet lol. I traded my 350Z in Jan. and it had been done in September. I'd planned to reapply in March since it's supposed to last 4-6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Coorsman View Post
    Garage overnight should be fine. I don't think humidity is an issue. You just don't want actual water (rain, dew, etc.) on the vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by fenderpicks View Post
    i need to know this info too...

so whats the cure time
    12 hours is supposed to be the cure time, AFTER you apply and let it sit for 30-45 minutes and buff it off. That's one issue I have with the packaging of DGPS. The instructions on the bottle are not as complete as the website as far as timings for when to buff off and how long to cure. Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant delivers a deep, wet, liquid shimmer unlike anything you can imagine.

edit: by the way, if you plan on doing multiple coats, you must wait the 12 hours in between EACH coat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flyinion View Post
    You don't need to let the applied product sit for longer than 30-45 minute for WGDGPS. Once you wipe the excess off, then yes you ideally want to let it sit for 12 hours with no moisture contact.
    I know, I just do it anyways. I find it to come off so much easier when it sits over night. Plus, typically if I'm applying sealant...that means I did some sort of correction to the paint, and I'm probably at the shop a little late.

For whatever reason I like to throw sealant down, and call it quits. I have some sort of sick appreciation for coming in the next morning and revealing my work panel by panel, ha. I know...I'm a freak.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast