autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Fuzion Application and Durability

Got a tub of Fuzion for Christmas! What kind of durability is everyone seeing with Fuzion? Also any staining of black plastic or black rubber trim if Fuzion gets on them?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fuzion Application and Durability

Quote Originally Posted by mattwax View Post
    Got a tub of Fuzion for Christmas! What kind of durability is everyone seeing with Fuzion? Also any staining of black plastic or black rubber trim if Fuzion gets on them?
    First of all, welcome to AG. Matt is this a daily driver..is it garaged? What condition is the paint that you are planning to put Fuzion on? Are you claying and polishing first or are you planning on using a paint cleaner? As you can see there are so many variables in answering your question on durabitlity. You could get 4 weeks or 4 months of durability. No, it will not stain your trim.

Post Thanks / Like

At the very least, I would highly recommend using a clay bar and a paint cleaner prior to using Fuzion. Nothing would be more disappointing than using a high end wax on paint that isn't ready for it. Ideally, your paint would be clayed and fully polished with no swirls, but at the very least the clay / paint cleaner combo would be OK.

On a daily driver, I've seen 3-4 months out of it. Others have seen 6 months or more. Others have seen 1-2 months. It depends on a lot of things as Rsurfer mentioned. The bottom line is, for how great the wax looks and how easy it is to use, it is surprisingly durable and you will love it!

Post Thanks / Like

Application and removal is super easy ... just remember more is not better. You should see 25+ applications from a jar of Fuzion for most cars. It is pretty durable, but remember to wash weekly and use a spray product as desired to amp up between next detailing sessions.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum! Your environment will play a big part in durability so keep that in mind. If you live in an area that requires a lot of road salt in the winter is one example of what impact your environment will have. I too received a tub of Fuzion for Christmas and can't wait to test it out! Although, I also received a PC 7424XP and lot's of supplies to prep my paint properly to lay a good foundation for my Fuzion.