autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: TSR Problem

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

TSR Problem

Hello Guys..

I've been research through all rhe forum regarding the usage of TSR.. Last week i had a chance to try it.. Machine used is Flex XC 3401.. First i try run it with LC CCS Orange.. But seems like the product gummed and dust a lot.. Then i think maybe i put too much product on the pad. So i try too put exactly like the guy in Wolfgang DVD when he works with orange and TSR.. But i still ended gumming and dusting.. I clean the pad (on the fly with Edge brush) on every application like i did on M83 DACP.. But it still dusting..but when i change to white pad seems like the problem is solved.. No gumming and not dust a lot.. May somebody advise me why this is happen. I want to try with orange pad but its not suitable to use? Is it because of the temperature at that time? (quite hot and humid). i also clay the panel but seems like nothing change.. This problem not occur with white pad,but i need to use orange for faster cut. Max speed is 5.5 on Flex and i spritz a pad conditioner on it. I try orange with M105 but this problem isnt occur. So i admit maybe the polish or my skill is the problem. Please help me solve this. I just ordered a LC Coarse Green pad hope i can solve this.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: TSR Problem

I know some people have issues with menzerna products when it is hot and humid. TSR and the finishing glaze are made by menzerna for AG.

Post Thanks / Like

High heat and humidity tends to screw with Menzerna products. If your pad was saturated and isn't cleaned THOROUGHLY, it will continue to release dust.

Make sure you use very little product. For a 2x2' area, I put 2 or 3 tiny dots on my pad (smaller than a dime size).

I think your fresh pad should solve the problem. It sounds like you were using way too much product previously. Like I said, use it very sparingly, and priming your pad before use should help.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys.. i suspect the heat and humid as well.. Will try it again during cool temp. Its very hot here in Malaysia. But i dont have any problem with a white pad. And will use a fresh pad and see how the result. I'll waiting for the green coarse pad from AG hope this will solve my problem. Another cause might be because of larger area (more than 2x2) i try to cover. Will follow exactly with that size. Thanks guys..

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahha.. Now i know what is the culprit. Its the xmt pad conditioner. I try mist it with distilled water and the problem solve. I'd done research through Menzerna forum and somebody mention about not using xmt pad conditioner into it.. And it works without too much hassle. If hot and humid the major problem, Australia at certain place a hotter than here in Malaysia. But i never heard they had similar problem like mine..

anyway,i also read that it is (Menzerna) will screw up if the surface have silicone on it. may i know which protection/lsp that have a silicone on it? And how to completely strip this silicone?

And what is the best speed for flex working with TSR. Right now i spread polish with speed 3 and buffing at 5.5. Completely broken down and slow to 3 until almost dry with distilled water in between.
    Last edited by man_karat; 04-20-2009 at 02:47 PM.