autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang 3.0 review

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Ok, so TSR is for when less correcting power is needed? And its UC or TSR and not both right?
    I have WG Uber, TSR and FG. I have yet to crack the lid on Uber or FG as I am removed quite a bit of defects with the following setup:

Machine - Flex 3401
    Speed - 5 then 4 and light pressure for the final section pass
    Polish - WG TSR
    Pad - Lake Country Hybrid White Polishing Pad

The TSR and white pad remove defects well and finished great. I went straight to the LSP.

Its idea to have all three so you can try the least aggressive method that will allow you to achieve the best results.

For full disclosure, the vehicle I worked on with TSR and went straight to my LSP, it was a daily driver and the owner wasn't willing to pay for a two step, however she was blown away with the results.

Edit: I also performed a test spot first to ensure my pad, product and technique would work and it did. If I was not happy with the results, I would have moved to another test spot area and used Uber with the orange Hybrid pad.
    Jeff
    2012 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

So I did a new GTI with this today and the finish is so smooth and glossy. Highlights the orange peel a bit more than I like, but oh well!

Anyway, I went to clean the black buffing pad I used to apply it and despite spraying liberally with XMT pad cleaner (even soaking it for a few minutes) every time I tried to rinse it out and squeeze the pad, it product just oozed out like butter. I have the pad sitting in a bucket of DP pad cleaner right now for an extended soak to see if it helps, but I'm beginning to think this pad might be toast.

I'm guessing I over saturated the pad a bit. Anyone have issues cleaning this up? Thoughts?

Thanks!

-jamie

Post Thanks / Like

i got the WGdgps3.0 about 5+ months ago and just now used it in the last couple days. i shook it pretty good but not a lot, it came out more 'runny' than the final glaze and swirl remover was.... but it had a consistent texture to it (wasn't separated)

i thought you were supposed to apply in a 2'X2' section, make several passes until the product turned almost clear, then buff that section, then repeat on another section?!?!? seemed to work as it felt pretty slick afterward but i would prefer doing all the car at once and like the thought of it bonding more by letting it sit for a while. (did 2 coats and i am about to apply FUSION coat #1)

Post Thanks / Like

According to the instructions:

3. Apply Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 over the entire vehicle either by hand or with a machine. If applying by hand, use a yellow foam applicator. If applying by machine, use a blue finessing pad. Using a dual action polisher, set the maximum speed to 4.5 and work in overlapping sections until the entire vehicle is covered. Apply a very thin, even coat.

4. Once the vehicle is covered, wait 30-45 minutes before buffing off the sealant. Use a microfiber towel or a microfiber bonnet on your polisher.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Another post asked but therr was no answer. Will 3.0 stain trim/glass/chrome. Will be using soon and really dont want to tape.

Also can it be applied in the sun.
    ?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes! WGDGPS WILL stain plastic trim.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456