autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Fuzion Paste by Machine.

Fuzion Paste by machine, gotta love that, topped over DGPS..

Spread out even on a 5.5" Red LC Hybrid Pad, and it doesn't take much. I just popped the wax out in my hand and spread some over the pad, simple.

Was enough to do the whole SUV.

Just went around the whole car and went back wiped it off, it was so easy it was like it just fell of the paint.

Can't ask for more than that.

2. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes Bruno Soares, Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fuzion Paste by Machine.

Ah yes...(in my view) Fuzion Paste Wax
    certainly does bring to mind:

I. The Psychology of Consumption
    A. ‘The Sunk-cost Effect’

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

4. Likes jankerson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    Ah yes...(in my view) Fuzion Paste Wax
    certainly does bring to mind:

I. The Psychology of Consumption
    A. ‘The Sunk-cost Effect’

Bob

Yeah, it didn't take much product at all, a few swipes over the pad with the paste and that was it.

Did the whole car with that, didn't add any more.

MUCH less than doing it by hand, and a lot thinner even spread too.

Never going to apply it by hand again, so much easier and faster doing it by machine.

Mike Phillips

I agree the Wolfgang Fuzion Paste Wax not only is easy to apply, by hand or machine, it also wipes off incredibly easy.

I think the directions say to use it as a WOWO or Wipe-on, Wipe-off type process but I never use it like this. I always let it dry to a haze and then remove it. In my opinion and experience, all WOWO waxes wipe off better this way and in my opinion, you leave more wax behind to protect the paint.

Here's the last time I used it - AND I too applied by machine.

I used it on this old 2-door European job....

Review: Wolfgang Concours-Series Microfiber Towels - 1988 Porsche 928 s4

Machine applying a finishing wax using the cordless FLEX PiXiE

After all the correction work was done it was time to apply a finishing wax. For those that might not be familiar with the term,

Finishing Wax

It's a term used to describe a wax that has no cleaner, abrasive and thus zero defect removal ability. It's ONLY for paint in perfect condition - like the paint on the Porsche after I just corrected it. A finishing wax is the opposite of a cleaner/wax or an AIO. An AIO is the same thing as a cleaner/wax in case you didn't know that either.

Wolfgang Füzion Carnauba Polymer Estate Wax is a true finishing wax, or technically, a true finishing hybrid. It has ZERO cleaning ability and is only for cars with perfect paint.

This is the FLEX cordless PXE 80 or as I call it, the PiXiE. The name Pixie means a small fairy-like creature, so it kind of fits because the tool is small. All tool companies should brand their tools with NAMES - not PART NUMBERS.

The pad is a Lake Country 4" Gold Jeweling foam pad.

These are not currently an available part number. Lake Country made a few for me to test but nothing ever came from it. Partly my fault and that's because while I think I'm pretty good and sharing product that are top performers, I'm not really someone that can project how many units we will sell in a year so everyone involved will no if this is a viable new skew to launch. But at least I have a few and they are PERFECT for machine applying a wax on the PiXiE.

The 4" gold jeweling pad has a 3.5" velcro backing, which is perfect for the 3.5" backing plate that comes with the FLEX PiXiE. I'm also using the 12mm drive unit installed on the PiXiE.

You can probably guess what I'm going to do next....

Place the face of the pad into the jar of Fuzion and then >blip< the on/off button for a few seconds.

The 4" pad fits perfectly into the Fuzion wax jar.

Note the tool is on the 3 speed setting? In order to get this shot, I had to use some 3M green painter's tape on the backside of the wax jar to keep it from spinning while the pad was spinning against the wax.

Spin spin spin....

BOOM!

I have wax on the pad and I'm ready to seal the paint on the Porsche by machine. I never do anything by hand unless I absolutely have to. The machine always outperforms the human. Just watch the Terminator movie. Plus, here at Autogeek, we don't sell hands... we sell tools.

And in case you're wondering how long the battery will last on the cordless PiXiE? I have a live video on this topic and the battery easily ran for 40 minutes NON STOP.

Click here to watch a short video showing the PiXiE being used to machine apply wax to this Porsche

Here's the entire Porsche covered in Fuzion....

Now it's time to remove the wax using the Wolfgang Concours-Series Microfiber Towels

I fold the rectangular towel to turn it into a square towel, (my preference), that perfectly fits my hand and also making it 8 layers THICK. This thickness will spread out the pressure from my hand as I press the towel against the paint to remove the dried layer of wax.

Breaking open a layer of wax

This is actually a technical term that means to place you hand like you see me doing below and then gently twisting the towel in a tight circle to BREAK OPEN THE LAYER OF WAX.

I've broke open the layer of wax and now I have a shiny spot. From here I'll continue wiping off the wax going back to the shiny spot and creeping our to moving out from the spot.

Pro Tip
    As I wipe I'll make small, overlapping circular motions. Using your hand and towel like this makes it easy for the towel to overcome the surface tension between the wax and the paint, which makes it easy to remove the wax and also is GENTLE to the paint.

As I wipe I move around the panel gently removing the wax - remember this paint is super soft.

A mirror reflection shine on paint that is 32 years old!

Some people say black paint is hard to work on?

It's a very nice, easy to use product that always produces consistent results.

And it smells like a Candy Store.

7. Thanks jankerson thanked for this post
    Likes jankerson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I agree the Wolfgang Fuzion Paste Wax not only is easy to apply, by hand or machine, it also wipes off incredibly easy.

I think the directions say to use it as a WOWO or Wipe-on, Wipe-off type process but I never use it like this. I always let it dry to a haze and then remove it. In my opinion and experience, all WOWO waxes wipe off better this way and in my opinion, you leave more wax behind to protect the paint.

Mike,

Yeah, it does say WOWO in the directions, I never used it like that either, I too always let it dry to a haze before removing.

As far as LSPs go I haven't used anything other than WG DGPS and FUZION for a LONG time now. I still have others around, Megs waxes (Not bad by any means #26 I used forever, 3 decades).

I think the biggest difference personally in applying hand vs machine is how thin and even the LSP goes on.

And as the result of that the product just melts off or as I said falls off the paint with almost no effort at all. Easy to remove LSPs like Fuzion and DGPS are even easier yet as the result.

Then there is the time saved by machine applying, not to mention how much easier it is over applying by hand.

Was a great article on the Black 928, turned out great as I would have expected.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

The 4" gold jeweling pad has a 3.5" velcro backing, which is perfect for the 3.5" backing plate that comes with the FLEX PiXiE. I'm also using the 12mm drive unit installed on the PiXiE.

Mike,

Sounds like the Megs Tan PAD, I still have a few of those 6.5" pads around.

10. Likes goldendodo19 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I dig applying wax with a DA. I use a 3" Pad and my oldy but goodie PC7424XP on speed setting 2 - 2.5. The 3" Red or Gold pad can fit in the jar (the ones I have) and blip the throttle and grab you some wax. I use a 4" for liquid waxes.

Once you use a DA you will never go back to applying by hand! Either way, KEEP ON ROCKING!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!