autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Uber SIO2 spray...

I used the Wolfgang Uber spray coating about 3 weeks ago. Today after a wash I tried the Uber SIO2 spray on the hood. I think I shook it up first. I applied it in the shade and still this stuff streaked like crazy. Has anyone else had this issue?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Uber SIO2 spray...

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    I used the Wolfgang Uber spray coating about 3 weeks ago. Today after a wash I tried the Uber SIO2 spray on the hood. I think I shook it up first. I applied it in the shade and still this stuff streaked like crazy. Has anyone else had this issue?
    From my experience with Pinnacle Crystal SiO2 Spray, a comparable item, it’s a wipe on, let dry/haze, then wipe the haze off. Similar to a lot of traditional spray waxes.

I assume though you are talking about streaks that would not come out after final buff?

I think @Bearcats98 may have used this combo, or the SiO2 Paint Sealant followed by Uber SiO2 Spray. Calling on him, we’ll see if he has any insight.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. spray, wiped and buffed and streak city. Several hours later I tried a QD and it seemed to help but some streaks are still there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    Yep. spray, wiped and buffed and streak city. Several hours later I tried a QD and it seemed to help but some streaks are still there.
    I’m sorry, that’s quite the surprise. Is it a black hood, was it pretty hot out?

Actually, why I didn’t just think of this, but it has to be applied very sparingly. I’d suggest maybe trying it on anywhere else besides the hood. Do sparingly and hopefully it does much better for you. Once you feel comfortable with how little is needed, then perhaps try the hood again.

I’ve had this problems many times with BF SiO2 Spray on black hoods. But light application usually prevails.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a dark blue, 70% black. I tried using a suede MF and that didn't seem to make a difference. Could this be humidity related?

Post Thanks / Like

are you working outside? if inside try putting 1 spray on microfiber and do 1/2 hood and wipe it in a bit longer till you really dont notice it anymore. then wipe down with second towel. it does not take but 1 spray per panel in my experience

Post Thanks / Like

I was working outside. I'll try a lighter mist next time. Have you guys tried spraying it on the towel and then wiping it on?

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest having the towel damp with cold water. Then give the towel one spritz per panel you apply it too. Have a seperate towel for a buff off afterwards. Then with your damp towel that has some product on it (don't spritz anymore on) when you're done with the whole car, go ahead and if you see any streaks, wipe with the damp towel and then re-buff.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    I would suggest having the towel damp with cold water. Then give the towel one spritz per panel you apply it too. Have a seperate towel for a buff off afterwards. Then with your damp towel that has some product on it (don't spritz anymore on) when you're done with the whole car, go ahead and if you see any streaks, wipe with the damp towel and then re-buff.

I'm assuming based on your comment that the SIO2 spray is water based. I was wondering if water would help.

Post Thanks / Like

No, it has nothing to do with whether or not it's water based. It's because you're giving the solvent more liquid to try to dry off or flash and leave the streaks behind. Basically, it gives you more time because now there's more liquid to dry, so you're buying yourself more buffing time.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast