autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang spray coating...

I haven't seen many reviews for this product. I bought a bottle a few weeks ago. I recently had my car repainted. After painting it's sat outside. One day I came home to find a bird bomb and wiped if off with some waterless wash. I was left with some minor etching. I wasn't too happy with the situation. I decided to give the WSC a try. After washing the car, a quick polish and wipedown with Mothers Ceramic Prep I tried to apply the coating. Using the spray on a panel method didn't seem to work too well outside. I opted to spray directly on the applicator. Seemed to work pretty well that way. The product spread out easily. I forgot about wiping the haze off right away. I waited until I had done a few panels and then went back to wipe the haze off. Removed easily enough.

The final look was glossy and shiny with nice metallic pop. Not as wet looking as some sealants but looked better than the ceramic coating that my neighbor had applied to his BMW. After a few days, I found another bird bomb. This time it removed easily. The paint almost felt like a non stick surface and the best part was that the crap didn't etch the paint. The coating beads nicely.

At this point I can't comment as to real world durability.

One thing, the spray nozzle tends to drip a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang spray coating...

I wanted to update this review. The Wolfgang spray coating has been on the car a couple weeks. The water beading is quite impressive. I've found small tight beads after a light rain. I washed the car prior to going to a cruise. I used Mother CMX soap. I used a Peak sponge with slits. As such it was hard to judge the slickness of the wash or coating. I tried to blow the car dry with a blower but the water beads clung a bit tighter than I would have preferred. Instead I used a short napped MF. Overall, at this point, the product is impressive.

3. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good review! Thanks for sharing.

Looking forward to your thoughts on durability or just general water behavior and self cleaning over the next few months.
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

Post Thanks / Like

I ran the car through a coin op last week. The car wasn't overly dirty but had some dirt from rain and such. I went to the coin op and only used water. The car ended up fairly clean but not perfectly clean. So, IMO the self cleaning ability while good, isn't perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tried Wolfgang spray ceramic coating on textured plastic? Results?

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to update this thread. I mentioned in my review that the first time I used the WSCC that the sprayer dribbled. The second time I used the product on a different vehicle, I didn't have any issue with the sprayer. I'm not sure why.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    I wanted to update this thread. I mentioned in my review that the first time I used the WSCC that the sprayer dribbled. The second time I used the product on a different vehicle, I didn't have any issue with the sprayer. I'm not sure why.
    The product probably sealed around the gaps after leaking. My bottle has white, dried ceramic residue around the bottom of the sprayer.

9. Likes DUBL0WS6 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    The product probably sealed around the gaps after leaking. My bottle has white, dried ceramic residue around the bottom of the sprayer.
    I can confirm that on my bottle as well. Also the last time I pulled the bottle off the shelf it was sucked in a bit into itself, so definitely some funky stuff going on inside and these bottles likely don't provide the best seal. It wasn't as user friendly compared to the fresh uses, a bit more difficult to work and wipe into the paint so shelf life looks to be a bit more limited. The first formula of Adam's Ceramic Spray Coating was also affected by a limited shelf life for me as well. Need to pull the Wolfgang out some more to really confirm shelf life performance, but it's still holding up really well on the front bumper of the test car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    I can confirm that on my bottle as well. Also the last time I pulled the bottle off the shelf it was sucked in a bit into itself, so definitely some funky stuff going on inside and these bottles likely don't provide the best seal. It wasn't as user friendly compared to the fresh uses, a bit more difficult to work and wipe into the paint so shelf life looks to be a bit more limited. The first formula of Adam's Ceramic Spray Coating was also affected by a limited shelf life for me as well. Need to pull the Wolfgang out some more to really confirm shelf life performance, but it's still holding up really well on the front bumper of the test car.
    I had a feeling the shelf life could be impacted when I saw the leakage. Maybe it can go into a new bottle or get a better top to avoid this thing.

NOTE: I haven’t seen shelf life performance loss but I haven’t tried mine in awhile.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    How long since application?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast