autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating as Booster??

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

I recall you are/were a Premiere and VS1 fan. I currently have VS1 and WG CSC going head to head on my front roof (ok, so it’s a very small area), and through the first month both looked great and acted great but CSC a little speedier repelling water. I haven’t looked at the two in comparison in the last month but should do an update soon.
    I do like Premier and VS1, especially VS1. Right now I'm looking for a VSI type of product that lasts a little longer. One thing about VS1, WG CSC, and PA CS, they are all quite simple to use. I tend to apply too much product, yet none of these have ever given me problems.

2. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    I've used WG SIO2 spray sealant in the past and I found it 'grabby' on application. When I wipe it off, I felt I might marr the paint.
    I had issues with streaking on a dark color. The advice I was given was to mist a towel with water and then mist the SIO2 spray sealant on a towel. That would probably solve the being grabby issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    I do like Premier and VS1, especially VS1. Right now I'm looking for a VSI type of product that lasts a little longer. One thing about VS1, WG CSC, and PA CS, they are all quite simple to use. I tend to apply too much product, yet none of these have ever given me problems.
    I originally had some shotty performance with WG CSC after applying in cooler temperatures for a few times... but it did last pretty well. Behavior just wasn’t great up front.

After more recently applying/curing in warm temperatures the performance is way better (outperforming VS1 as mentioned), so if longevity holds up with this type of behavior, and given it’s such an easy product to apply, it’s a winner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I originally had some shotty performance with WG CSC after applying in cooler temperatures for a few times... but it did last pretty well. Behavior just wasn’t great up front.

After more recently applying/curing in warm temperatures the performance is way better (outperforming VS1 as mentioned), so if longevity holds up with this type of behavior, and given it’s such an easy product to apply, it’s a winner.
    I agree with that. I find the beading a little tighter with PA Cosmic Spritz, but I like the price of the WG CSC. For my next experiment I am going to apply WG CSC on top of WG SIO2 sealant to see if they play well together. In my earlier post above I may have miss-spoken. The 'grabby' product for me was the WG SIO2 Silica Spray. I was not referring to the new SIO2 sealant. Speaking of temperature things....when I topped my Feynlab coated car with PA Cosmic Spritz and WG CSC it was 105* in the shade of my Scottsdale AZ garage. I had no problems, yet I do NOT suggest anyone do that. Out here in the Wild West we may not get below 100* for a few more months.

6. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12