autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

WGDGPS with a SiO2 topper

Can the Deep Gloss Paint Sealant be topped with a SiO2 spray monthly to keep beading and gloss? I heard there may be an issue because it comes from 2 different families (Polymer, Silica)? With the Auto Geek Sale I ordered the Pre-Wax Polish Enhancer, Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, & Instant Detail Spritz. I know the spritz is a topper but I am looking for excellent hydrophobic properties and I already have a lot of SiO2 spray.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WGDGPS with a SiO2 topper

Welcome to the forum.

Sure, I say why not, try it!

Not sure how long you've might've been a lurker here, but there was a very recent thread where I suggested topping WGDGPS 3.0 with Pinnacle Crystal Mist Spray to enhance the look and reduce static, and it was very well liked by the person who used it.

Dependent upon the product, it might enhance the look, and it might not?

Besides using Cyrystal Mist Spray Detailer, I've tried some others, I know I've tried such like Duragloss Aquawax, and Carpro Reload, which does contain Silica.

So, there should be no harm or foul with doing such. Facts might be, that many of these so called "Silica" sprays contain a high percentage of Polymers as well. Silica has become a marketing "catch phrase" IMO. And many might actually not last any longer than a good Detailer Spray.

Certain products may remain on top, others perhaps can maybe wind up slightly removing and replacing an underlying Sealant, hard to say?

Since you have such on hand already, and like Sylvester Stallone (Rocky) once said, "Go for it!" :-)

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

Sure, I say why not, try it!

Not sure how long you've might've been a lurker here, but there was a very recent thread where I suggested topping WGDGPS 3.0 with Pinnacle Crystal Mist Spray to enhance the look and reduce static, and it was very well liked by the person who used it.

Dependent upon the product, it might enhance the look, and it might not?

Besides using Cyrystal Mist Spray Detailer, I've tried some others, I know I've tried such like Duragloss Aquawax, and Carpro Reload, which does contain Silica.

So, there should be no harm or foul with doing such. Facts might be, that many of these so called "Silica" sprays contain a high percentage of Polymers as well. Silica has become a marketing "catch phrase" IMO. And many might actually not last any longer than a good Detailer Spray.

Certain products may remain on top, others perhaps can maybe wind up slightly removing and replacing an underlying Sealant, hard to say?

Since you have such on hand already, and like Sylvester Stallone (Rocky) once said, "Go for it!" :-)
    I read that thread but by that time I had already bought the other Wolfgang stuff from Auto Geek. I have been lurking for awhile trying to educate myself. Let me tell you my story.
    Lately I have been sucked in by Adams stuff and their 15 and 20% off sales and of course I have to order over $100 so I get free shipping. 3 orders in the past month (I'm crazy). It's still expensive and I have been wondering if there are better products which is when I started lurking everywhere. They have all those videos on YouTube and everything looks so easy. So I am intrigued by ceramic coating and decided to try it. I bought the Adams 24 month ceramic coating kit then I paint corrected my F150 (2 days) with Adams stuff and coated it. Turned out pretty good, some flaws but it was my first time and I can live with it because only I really see it. With their coating they want you to use their SiO2 Ceramic Boost every month as a maintenance to keep the hydrophobic properties and gloss. So of course I bought a 64oz jug of their Ceramic Boost for $70.
    I have 2 other small newer suv's and was going to do the same thing to them. Then Adams brought out a new spray ceramic that is a "12 month".<<yea, I bought it. Was racking my brain on what to do and was reading here about the WGDGPS and it lasting 6 months. Even though I am going to paint correct (2018 &2019 car not bad)I feel it is going to be easier to use the pre-wax Polish and paint sealer every 6 months than the ceramic coating. HOWEVER I love the beading and sheeting of water with the ceramic and I know that the SiO2 coating is one of the main reasons it does that. Which leads me back to my original post...
    I think I am OCD. But I will take any advice I am given. So now I am wondering if I should buy the Pinnacle or just stick with what I have which is the Wolfgang Instant Detail Spritz and all the Adams SiO2 Ceramic Boost I have

Post Thanks / Like

I've never bought or used Adam's products but have a friend that has used many of them for a good while and he claims he loves their products. Of course, there's thousands of products on the market.

Now as for Wolfgang, I myself love all their products. Of all that I have used, and the list is long, they have all performed superbly, each does exactly as it claims to do, none has fallen short. Blackfire is another product line I really like too.

Yeah, I think you'll do just fine using either the WG Instant Detail Spritz, or the Adams SIO Spray as a topper on any-all of your vehicles.

I'd guess either will help maintain whatever products you've used first, they would be easy products to use after a wash to add gloss, slickness, and help prolong the longevity of whatever you have underneath.

Of course on the other hand, if you'd like trying other products that you feel you may need, then by all means try them.

I myself have so many Autogeek products on hand, and others, I could probably give half of the detailing goods I have away, and still have enough products on hand to maintain 3-4 vehicles for the next ten years! LOL

A lot of us folks here are like that! It's sort of an addiction, would bet there's hundreds of us here who have more product on hand than many pro detailing shops!

It's like it sometimes never ends, there's those nice wheel brushes you wanna buy, some more polishing pads, towels, some trim and tire protectants, glass cleaners, APC's, towel and pad cleaners, on and on it goes! :-)

Again, welcome to the forum!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brihvac View Post
    Can the Deep Gloss Paint Sealant be
    topped with a SiO2 spray monthly to
    keep beading and gloss?

I heard there may be an issue
    because it comes from 2 different
    families (Polymer, Silica)
    •In my layman terms:
    -The SiO2 spray, in and of itself, is an
    emulsion of silica and polymers.

-As such: I personally see no reason
    under the Sun why it wouldn’t/couldn’t
    be compatible with WDGPS.

{To those that are opposed:
    please submit why. TIA. }

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant does fine all by itself.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you have plenty of product on hand to use up before ordering more. Time to get busy using it.