autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WGDGPS how many coats can be layered?

We shall see. Car show starts Thursday and runs through Sunday. 2000 plus cars. I am leaving at 5:30 saturday am to be there by 7am to get a spot on the pavement.
    The shop I had paint it wet sanded the hell out of it. There is an excess of clear because they buried the white lace paint so you don't see a line where the colors lap. That being said, there is no orange peel anywhere to be found.
    Hoping all my work and effort pays off. If I get time, I will post up a full detail of the car with products used. If not, Ill get to it next week so you guys can tell me what else I could have done WGDGPS how many coats can be layered?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

2. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Want a winning show car finish? Pinnacle Souveran for a deep wet look. Souveran will give you that pool of wet ink everyone with a black car is looking for. Not to be confused with Liquid Souveran, this is a paste wax.

4. Likes pittpens24 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pittpens24 View Post
    We shall see. Car show starts Thursday and runs through Sunday. 2000 plus cars. I am leaving at 5:30 saturday am to be there by 7am to get a spot on the pavement.
    Where is this show?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Where is this show?
    Dead Man's Curve car show
    Mahwah, NJ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post

Just kidding with you, Mark.
    I know, Just also thought it wouldn't be relevant to include products that probably aren't even made anymore, and also wasn't very sure if they were waxes, or sealants? Products like Race Glaze from way back, Liquid Glass, The Wax Shop, Poly Glycoat, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    I know, Just also thought it wouldn't be relevant to include products that probably aren't even made anymore, and also wasn't very sure if they were waxes, or sealants? Products like Race Glaze from way back, Liquid Glass, The Wax Shop, Poly Glycoat, etc.
    Liquid Glass is alive and still kicking... on my shelf and on auto store shelves/Amazon. Too bad it’s outdated and painfully bland by today’s standards.

Post Thanks / Like

OMG - I used to use Liquid Glass back in the day on this same car before it was restored some 20 plus years ago. It was expensive back then for whatever it was but worked great a little went a long way

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pittpens24 View Post
    OMG - I used to use Liquid Glass back in the day on this same car before it was restored some 20 plus years ago. It was expensive back then for whatever it was but worked great a little went a long way
    If I remember correctly that was a product where they advised to layer, the more coats the better. I never felt I got the desired, and claimed results, and believed it was just hype. Only ever bought it once, then it sat on a shelf for probably another 15 years. The can looked cool though. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    If I remember correctly that was a product where they advised to layer, the more coats the better. I never felt I got the desired, and claimed results, and believed it was just hype. Only ever bought it once, then it sat on a shelf for probably another 15 years. The can looked cool though. LOL
    That candy apple red corvette on the can looked great lol

Post Thanks / Like

Then there was another product that I used for quite some years, but I was commonly not using it on my rides, but on my Overhead Garage Door!

Some of the old timers here might remember it, it was called Nathan's Liquid Lustre.

This was a product that used to frequent the car show circuits way back, and I think there was even some TV Commercials for a short while. I know there were vids.

Spray paints applied came right off with another application, starting fires on the hood, strong acids eating metal off the hood but no damage to the paint, etc.

Believe it or not, it worked very well as far as paint not sticking. At the time I was having a bit of a Graffiti problem with the little gangster clowns tagging the Door, (In Chicago) either with spray cans, or black liquid shoe polish.

After learning about it, I seen Jewel Food Stores was selling it, which Nathan (or the guy demo'ing it) once told me they never did, at the price of $5.99 a pint bottle. Nathan was charging $18 a bottle at the shows, but gave a discount I remember if you bought 3 or more bottles.

I think it is still made. (Sorry folks about speaking of a non-AG product, you may delete it if necessary)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast