autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WGDGPS how many coats can be layered?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    The Crystal Mist might help some in that regard as far as static.

One might think it odd that I liked the Pinnacle Crystal Mist over a Wolfgang product, different family supposedly, but is it really?

Which might bring up an age old question, are all, or at least many of the Palm Beach Motoring Group's House Brands manufactured under the same roof?
    All I've been doing is reading posts on the forum about wgdsps and fuzion. Seems many have experienced what you all are saying about dulling the perfection.
    I am definately using the pinnacle CM. Its on its way! Glad to hear it will help with the static.
    Funny this is coming up now. I made a couple posts in the past that all seems to loop back around to this which you may have seen. One was about problems with Fuzion, another was what makes black paint look gray.
    In the issues with fuzion thread, it was concluded that my issue may have been from mixing CG blacklight before the wgpgs amd then topped with toovmuch fuzion.
    In the gray thread, it was again about the blacklight.
    No one ever mentioned why I was layering Fuzion over Wgdgps.
    One more thing is I am a noob that fell victim to CG's marketing. Watched all the vids on how to detail a black car amd how it was a 7 step process.
    Wash
    Claybar
    Compound
    Polish
    Glaze
    Sealant
    Wax

This I feel is what is getting me in trouble. Learning that the better products you use, the less you need. Less is more! That is a hard concept to grasp.

Just wanted to make that clear that as I am asking questions about how and why, I am trying to learn and grasp on to the detailing wheel of life. I appreciate ya'alls patience and real life accounts in this highly confusing over run product area.
    Cheers,
    Greg

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    Is this the vehicle that already has
    the two layers of Wolfgang DGPS?

If so:
    Why would you put two layers of a different
    Sealant—and a “Hybrid Sealant” at that—on
    top of the DGPS?

I can’t fathom the benefit from doing so.

Bob
    Pittpens, your paint is sunning. Keep in mind though, the more you play with it, there's the greater potential every time you lay hands on it of creating sleeks, and swirls. I might be inclined to skip Fuzion. I might think it will take away from that candy apple wet look that WGDGPS provides.

I've used it, know how it works and looks. And I didn't suggest Crystal Mist for nothing, it is a fantastic one-two punch that won't detract from the WG Sealant.
    Just wanted to say that what you both said has been weighing on me pretty hard as to not mess with it and especially with you Bob pointing out that Fuzion is infact a sealer wax(I was not aware of that so ty for pointing that out).

I called Wolfgang just to see what they thought on the matter WGDGPS topped with Fuzion - they also recommended AGAINST it.

I will be hitting it with Crystal Mist to kill the static and call it done - not even interested in a test sample of the Fuzion to be honest - atleast on my car. I have a test paint panel from when we were picking out lace patterns - I will recreate the test on that.

Thanks for saving me headache not to mention a boatload of un-necessary work

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pittpens24 View Post
    Just wanted to say that what you both said has been weighing on me pretty hard as to not mess with it and especially with you Bob pointing out that Fuzion is infact a sealer wax(I was not aware of that so ty for pointing that out).

I called Wolfgang just to see what they thought on the matter WGDGPS topped with Fuzion - they also recommended AGAINST it.

I will be hitting it with Crystal Mist to kill the static and call it done - not even interested in a test sample of the Fuzion to be honest - atleast on my car. I have a test paint panel from when we were picking out lace patterns - I will recreate the test on that.

I've been around here long enough to hear many of our member's comments about the literal 1000's of products, and as well our fourm expert guru, Mike Phillips. And I have a memory like an Elephant.

One was, Let the product, be it a wax, or sealant, "live a little".

You made no mistake IMO selecting WGDGPS 3.0. I've tried too many to count Sealants in my day, Meg's #20 and #21, where there was a time I was literally buying Meg's #20 by the case, Zaino, literally every "Z product" they made, WOWAs from here of various brands, Ultima UPGP, Optima Optimum Opti-Seal, and even Menzerna Powerlock. There's countless more I cannot recall at the moment. Such if you want to mention products from Collinite, etc.

As for a wet candy apple look and shine with razor sharp reflections, ease of use applying and removing, I personally liked WGDGPS 3.0 better than all of them.

4. Thanks pittpens24 thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The test paint panel can be very usefull for you when you try out products. And especially on a show car like yours. The thing with a show car paint if it's wet sanded to be totaly flat or at least no visual orange peel. Some thicker protection products and when applyied often so they build up on each other. The next layers of protection you apply seems like it has nothing to attach to on the paint. And you can experience a lot of smearing and very hard to buff it off. This is basicly that you need to be buff off what you have applyied. So be carefull to use the more durable products too often. And if possible do as you where going to be doing with testing it on an inconspisiuos place first and see how it works on your paints finish. Not trying to scare you. But if one product would set you back with starting over before a car show and all of the hard work you have put in. It could be very frustrateing.

And since you liked the candy apple glass like look the WDGPS. You know this looks is what some ceramic coatings really stands out with this. Hehe the rabbit hole is deep with all of the products available today LOL.

Your Camaro looks amazing!

/ Tony

6. Thanks pittpens24 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And I have a memory like an Elephant................

.............................There's countless more I cannot recall at the moment. .

Just kidding with you, Mark.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

I know there's been some discussion here about static, and attracting dusts.

I think Mike Phillips spoke about this on one or two occasions, where in almost any instance, as soon as you take some kind of towel to paint, Static Electricity can occur.

Positive and Negative Charges-Ions, whatever occurs. LOL Sorry, I'm no Oppenheimer over here! LOL

That maybe as a last wipe down treat, a soft MF Towel misted with pure-distilled water and go over the whole car after a LSP will knock those nasties down a good deal.

9. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Only recently discovered this thread was posted in the Wolfgang Section of the forum, so apologies of speaking and touting a Pinnacle product here.

It's not that I have anything bad to say about WG Fuzion, I've never used it to comment pro or con. Was always just a bit beyond my affordabilities.

When you get the Crystal Mist Spray, please do come back and comment on it some. would like hearing what you think?

I once bought a bottle of Crystal Mist for a good friend to try on his show winning all black '68 SS396 Chevelle, but I don't think he has ever tried it yet?

At one show, World of Wheels in Milwaukee, 2018 where he did place best of show, fully restored category with that car, I seen him using either Turtle Wax, or Eagle 1 Spray Detailer on it, and was a little bit disappointed.

Of course it is his ride, must let him use what he likes. He may have at this point tried it, or on one of his other rides, one of them a show winning '65 El Camino, and another, a bought new 2017 Silverado Pickup Truck..

Post Thanks / Like

Only recently discovered this thread was posted in the Wolfgang Section of the forum, so apologies of speaking and touting a Pinnacle product here.

It's not that I have anything bad to say about WG Fuzion, I've never used it to comment pro or con. Was always just a bit beyond my affordabilities.

When you get the Crystal Mist Spray, please do come back and comment on it some. would like hearing what you think?

I once bought a bottle of Crystal Mist for a good friend to try on his show winning all black '68 SS396 Chevelle, but I don't think he has ever tried it yet?

At one show, World of Wheels in Milwaukee, 2018 where he did place best of show, fully restored category with that car, I seen him using either Turtle Wax, or Eagle 1 Spray Detailer on it, and was a little bit disappointed.

Of course it is his ride, must let him use what he likes. He may have at this point tried it, or on one of his other rides, one of them a show winning '65 El Camino, and another, a bought new 2017 Silverado Pickup Truck..
    Will do! Actually excited to give it a try. Had to get it shipped 2nd day air so I got it in time, I just called and it was scheduled to ship today and I'm in NJ - Couldn't take a chance.

Ironically I have a 2018 black Silverado that has become my test vehicle lol.

I know a guy who used Turtle wax on his Vette and truck and swears by it. His vehicles always look good, but I could never bring myself to purchase it.

Post Thanks / Like

If you apply LSP twice a year then use the WGDGPS over the winter and Fuzion for the summer.

13. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Will do! Actually excited to give it a try. Had to get it shipped 2nd day air so I got it in time, I just called and it was scheduled to ship today and I'm in NJ - Couldn't take a chance.

Ironically I have a 2018 black Silverado that has become my test vehicle lol.

I know a guy who used Turtle wax on his Vette and truck and swears by it. His vehicles always look good, but I could never bring myself to purchase it.
    You will be winning from putting a lot of work into polishing it as great as possible. And then use safe methods and great equipment to wash it to not instill any wash marring or dry marring. From that on it's much about what the very small differences you see different LSP gets you. Of cause it ads to the whole which LSP you use but there are many that you can get that or maintain that look on a high gloss polished paint. It where also a bigger difference when you jeweling polish a SS paint. And between todays finish from a finishing polish and finishing pad with a DA polisher on a bc/cc paint. Than if you really took your time and jeweling polish with a rotary polisher and finishing pad and something like the 3M Ultra Fina finishing polish on a SS paint. Then the quality of the paint job is very important to get the most out of it gloss wise. Have you done any wet sanding to get the paint as flat it can be after the paint job you did?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast