autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fuzion paste wax help on black........

Quote Originally Posted by pittpens24 View Post
    1st 2 pics are of the truck and last is my prize posessionAttachment 67306Attachment 67307

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
    I know pictures aren’t real life, but the truck looks great too.

Obviously the Camaro is what dreams are made of.

Post Thanks / Like

Black is my favorite color on rides and all I do know is that Black colors or dark colors just be extra careful or what I do is after the polishing stage I will use a pre wax product (I am using Gyeon Prep) and that will make sure your ride is absolutely ready for the wax. But you put a sealant on 1st. My guess too much product and I think you applied by hand if I stand corrected. I would still apply by DA. But you will remove the hazing with a simple clean. But either way I feel your pain! I am glad Mike helped you with this!

Take care and KEEP ON ROCKING!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that looks great! Next time around I will apply by machine to get a thinner coat.
    I agree about no protection with the Blacklight but it is just for that deep gloss. You saying the sealant looks better alone than the Blacklight topped with the Wgps?

Yes, I'd skip the Blacklight all together. As a side note I've moved on to Polish Angel Centurion for my Genesis and been wiping it down with Beadmaker.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

4. Likes PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Yes, I'd skip the Blacklight all together. As a side note I've moved on to Polish Angel Centurion for my Genesis and been wiping it down with Beadmaker.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    I use F11 as a protectant and maintainer. Beadmaker looks like a comparable product at a quarter of the price. How does it work for repelling bird droppings and bugs? After 3 coats of the F11, you can pretty much rinse off the bird dropping and bugs with a garden hose.

Post Thanks / Like

If the humidity get to the 90 mark all kinds of problems pop up. Nothing cures right as everything stays damp. Heat is not too big of a problem, but that humidity can be a bear.

7. Thanks pittpens24 thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, SWETM, pittpens24 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One last thing I need clarification on. So you put one coat of wax on, buff it off, final wipe and then do it a second time to insure 100% coverage. Is this possibly how I put too much product on? I was always under the assumption that you cannot "stack" wax coats - that the 2nd will etch into the previous coat, but it is looking to me like possibly the opposite happened?? Scratching my head here and being suoer cautious as I do not want this to happen on my Camaro. I also know hot, humid days are not ideal for detailing, but with cars shows upcoming, you do not always have a choice especially when it comes to polishing the wheels the day before

Post Thanks / Like

One last thing I need clarification on. So you put one coat of wax on, buff it off, final wipe and then do it a second time to insure 100% coverage. Is this possibly how I put too much product on? I was always under the assumption that you cannot "stack" wax coats - that the 2nd will etch into the previous coat, but it is looking to me like possibly the opposite happened?? Scratching my head here and being suoer cautious as I do not want this to happen on my Camaro. I also know hot, humid days are not ideal for detailing, but with cars shows upcoming, you do not always have a choice especially when it comes to polishing the wheels the day before
    A lot of people do two or more coats of waxes. More so than other products, waxes are said to sit on top of each other. I’m sure there is some mixing of the second coat into the first coat, but if they are the same wax it shouldn’t degrade the appearance hopefully.

For whatever it’s worth, in my experiences with multiple coats of wax, I often see the nicest finish after two coats.

Post Thanks / Like

Question for the group and Mike specifically. You said to let the wax dry. Reading the directions on the AG website, it doesn’t sound like you let it dry (one section at a time, apply, remove).

I just got my Fuzion and experienced an oily surface on a couple panels after buffing it off. I didn’t let it dry tho. Did I do it wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdgamble View Post
    Question for the group and Mike specifically. You said to let the wax dry. Reading the directions on the AG website, it doesn’t sound like you let it dry (one section at a time, apply, remove).

I just got my Fuzion and experienced an oily surface on a couple panels after buffing it off. I didn’t let it dry tho. Did I do it wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    I’m not Mike but will partial answer. Fuzion can/should be wiped off before drying. Perhaps for the final buff at the very end, one may want to wait a bit if it’s humid out.. other than that I’ll let Mike explain his previous response.

Post Thanks / Like

My first thoughts, and a couple others have mentioned it I see, was to skip the CG Glaze. This possibly could as well been the culprit, a mixture of unlike products. I would think a glaze would offer zero in the way of additional pop with the use of WG DGPS 3.0 then Fuzion?
    What I'd maybe try on the Camaro, is a follow-up with a high quality detailing spray, such as Pinnacle Crystal Mist. A killer product.

13. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast